Christmas Movie Bloopers on NBC's Funniest Outtakes 2

wolfy

Reaction score
While the Muppets were on quite a bit on this NBC special, I don't know how many of you would want the ENTIRE show. Honestly, how many of you would have watched it normally if the Muppets wouldn't have been on there?

I saw the show. We were pleasantly surprised that the Muppets were on there, but I don't think it added up to more than about 6-8 minutes total time, if that...

What you need to do is see if there is going to be any other specials like this on either NBC or ABC. They seem to be having a contest lately between them as to who can show the most "blooper" programs in a month... :smile:

I do know that on NBC this week AND next week they are going to be having Game Show bloopers, and those DO include "Hollywood Squares," so if you think there is a chance that any of the Muppets might be on either at 8 p.m. tonight or 8 p.m next Tuesday night on your local NBC station, it might be wise to set up your VCRs and record the program...

I, personally, will be recording this program, as I am a big "Gilmore Girls" lover. NOTHING can stop me from GG each week, and then we watch "Smallville" afterward. Sometimes NBC catches me with a good "Dateline" show, but right now the only "Dateline" I would be interested in would be one where Scott Peterson gets his due for the murder of his wife and unborn child...(yes, I have tried and convicted the man, and I have pronounced sentence on him as well...horrid, aren't I?)

I THINK I have a copy of the NBC blooper show from last week that has the Muppets on it, but I can't guarantee it, as we have been recording shows all week on that tape; first there was the Bob Hope special, then the blooper special on ABC, then the NBC one, then another ABC one and then tonight we will be recording another NBC special. This on top of whatever else we have on there, like the "Jaywalking" specials that come on Jay Leno's Tonight show...I love those!

Anyway...Just a warning that there are those game show specials tonight and next Tuesday at 8 p.m. on NBC. If the Muppets are on there, it's a kind of "watch and see" situation...

Oh, and ABC will be celebrating a 50th anniversary around the 17th of May, so if the Muppets have ever had any kind of shows on ABC, you might want to prepare for that one as well, as they are going to be showing clips of various shows and having various stars from those shows on the program...
wolfy
(who uses "various" and other words WAY too much in her messages...)

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfy
While the Muppets were on quite a bit on this NBC special, I don't know how many of you would want the ENTIRE show. Honestly, how many of you would have watched it normally if the Muppets wouldn't have been on there?
I know I wouldn't. I'm not a bloopers fan, nor am I am fan of NBC sitcoms. But, its collector mentality my dear lady. You have to have the complete show, no matter if you like the non-Muppet segments or not. Its the same reason I have the entire "Other Half" episode with Pepe, and the entire Conan O'Brian (or was it Craig Kilborn? eh, whatever) with Kermit.

Its like buying a CD from your favorite band and having the songs you don't like cut out. Maybe that is good for some people, but as a die-hard, that just wouldn't be right for me.

PS - I mailed my money out for the complete copy of the show, so I wont be blowing up about it again any time soon (assuming it is in fact complete).

-Matt

VC2020

Reaction score
I captured and encoded this into HQ DivX for who ever wants contact me my AIM VC Koolkid

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
the show reran again tonight. luckily the only other thing on was football, so I halfheartedly watched it (I forgot about this thread) and was happily surprised! the first one I saw was the 'my brain fell out'

it was PACKED of muppet stuff! I bet they had the most air time!

did anyone else catch this on it's second run?

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I saw some of it, Sarah---I just love it when a Muppeteer "bloops", and they keep it in character wif the Muppets! :big_grin:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
the show reran again tonight. luckily the only other thing on was football, so I halfheartedly watched it (I forgot about this thread) and was happily surprised! the first one I saw was the 'my brain fell out'
*sniggers* Yeah, and then as Pepe's walking away to redo his entrance you can hear Piggy asking something to the effect of, "You have a brain?" The ones with Pepe and Rizzo were funny too, especially since in the interview bits of the show Rizzo STILL was pronouncing "petrie dish" as "pestrie dish." Someone must have had pastries on the brain or something :big_grin:

And Fozzie calls his flubs "Harold." Awwww :smile:

But my personal favorite was the one where Bunsen and Beaker are walking up to Ms. Bitterman, and halfway through his line Bunsen (or Dave, rather) manages to inhale his sleeve! I, for one, would like to know just how he managed that one. It couldn't have been comfortable.

-Kim

wolfy

Reaction score
Doggone it!!

I was watching the Doris Day marathon on Turner Classic Movies last night (my kid and I LOVE "Pillow Talk," and I REALLY love "Love Me or Leave Me" with James Cagney)!

I saw that the blooper show was on earlier in the day on the TV schedule, but didn't realize that it was THAT blooper show.

Oooooh...if only I'd known...

sniffing...
wolfy

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
I just love it when a Muppeteer "bloops", and they keep it in character wif the Muppets! :big_grin:
I KNOW!!! it's great!

how bad would it be if kermit flubbed, and you hear Steve go ---- (insert any 4 letter word you like)

that's a great lesson to teach the kids :wink: