What is Your Race and Religion?

Eyeball

Reaction score
I definitely know what you mean, lol. I have no problem with atheism, but there are some people who think being an atheist automatically makes them brilliant. Sorry but just because you're an atheist doesn't mean you're Richard Dawkins, lol.
Yeah i hate those people too, they suck and tarnish the reputation of the rest of us.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm a Christian, and I don't have it all figured out, either. Yet.
I respect where anybody stands, whether they believe or not.

As I've stated before, deeming yourself "religious" might push people away rather than draw them to you.

I've seen enough extremists on both sides. On one hand are people who steadfastly swear there is no God (Frog, Blob, Blog, or whatever word you care to substitute here) and the sooner the rest of us agree the better off we'll be.

On the other side I've seen religious zealots and their share of hypocrisy, self-righteousness, lack of compassion, flying in the face of everything Jesus stood for.

Somewhere in the middle is the happy medium, and that's where I want to be.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Race: White/Caucasian
Religion: Christian/Presbyterian

That's is all I can come up with right now.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I can say that I have had more pain and suffering in my life with the people who have claimed to be religious then with people who have not.
I'm really sorry that people made you feel that way, and sadly you are not the first nor last. A lot of Christians seem to forget that one of the many teachings of Christ is to be good and kind to everyone, no matter what their background. I never really understood those fire-and-brimstone types, they make me really uncomfortable.

Eyeball

Reaction score
I'm really sorry that people made you feel that way, and sadly you are not the first nor last. A lot of Christians seem to forget that one of the many teachings of Christ is to be good and kind to everyone, no matter what their background. I never really understood those fire-and-brimstone types, they make me really uncomfortable.
So basically we all agree that the extremists (if you like, can't think of a better word to describe these people) on both sides ruin it for everyone, and it is they that give the other members of that faction/religion a bad name, as I now feel I've misjudged a lot of Christians, the type I always seem to run into are the self righteous ones that try and force their religion on you.

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
It's not hard for me to listen to things like that; I respect everyone's beliefs even if they're not mine. My own best friend is super Christian, and she knows that I don't have any religious ideology, and we respect that and still like each other. I only hate it when people try to shove their beliefs down others' throats, like (sadly) some people I have known.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm very much in an uncertain state of mind in recent years. I think "I don't know" is about the most honest you can get. Unfortunately that's not always good enough for my friend who is an all or nothing atheist, lol.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm very much in an uncertain state of mind in recent years. I think "I don't know" is about the most honest you can get. Unfortunately that's not always good enough for my friend who is an all or nothing atheist, lol.
Well if you ever want to talk about it, let me know. I'm no expert but I would do my best.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well if you ever want to talk about it, let me know. I'm no expert but I would do my best.
Aw thanks. Well I mean, I guess it's not that bad. I think I'm just in a transition from "I believe this because I was raised that way" to figuring out my own reasons for believing in something.