Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

wiley207

Reaction score
Well, it's official. "Arthur" is now the second longest-running North American animated series, with seventeen seasons and counting (second behind "The Simpsons," of course.) I am actually very impressed by that...
(BTW, third is "South Park," and then "King of the Hill," but that will soon be surpassed by "Family Guy.")

Though looking back, some of the early episodes from 1996 are pretty strange when you compare them to episodes from 1998-2003... LOTS of animation problems and continuity errors abound!

Drtooth

Reaction score
If you watch them side by side, the earlier episodes have the same animation and color palette as The Busy World of Richard Scary... right down to the wrong colored tongues.

wiley207

Reaction score
If you watch them side by side, the earlier episodes have the same animation and color palette as The Busy World of Richard Scary... right down to the wrong colored tongues.
Yep, I noticed that too. I remember characters often dashing off in the same exaggerated manner as the characters in "The Busy World of Richard Scarry" in some early episodes. Kind of unusual for a show that's meant to resemble real life (but with anthropomorphic animals in Marc Brown's style.)

Another interesting comparison is that a few character in the Arthur books are human, like Mrs. Tibble and the Tibble Twins. Even in the newest Arthur books, Marc Brown still draws the Tibbles as humans.

I'd still picture them having the same voices as in the cartoon.
In fact, when I read a lot of the old Arthur books, I can't help but imagine them with their voices from the TV series, and Ray Fabi's music score. (Though sometimes I'll decide on how the often-recast characters would sound in some books.)

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I've seen the flash animation for the show recently, and it isn't the best, it's like there trying to keep with the original models that were done on paper, but there failing at it, anyways, anyone remember where one of the intro endings Arthur was in it and Francine was saying what Arthur said to D.W., and what D.W. said to Arthur, saying Hey (inserts blank name here).

FunnieGuy

Reaction score
I wonder what they'll do about it on the show.Mr.Haney hardly appears now anyway,so I guess they just won't bother paying extra money for a new voice actor.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I wonder what they'll do about it on the show.Mr.Haney hardly appears now anyway,so I guess they just won't bother paying extra money for a new voice actor.
It's just one character, and he's more of a minor one. Ya, if they are too cheap that they had to use flash animation, they will most likely not pay for a new voice actor.