What do you miss?

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I'm not sure if there's another thread here, if there is, then please delete this thread if you can, if not, then don't delete this thread.
What do I miss, well here's a list of stuff I miss:
Old Nick Jr. 90s Face bumpers
The Muppet Show
A world without stupid lawsuits (back in the 90s, there was a time without those stupid lawsuits, nowadays there's so many of them, it makes me feel there's no hope for people and the media)
Good YTPs (While I do think the new YTPs are visually improved from what 2007 had, I still miss the good stuff like Ash's ******* Adventure)
Disney Channel stuff from the 90s
When a lot of films had a family oriented audience
Toon Disney & Jetix
Innocence (Whatever happened to it, I don't know)
and that old TV Land jingle from the 90s

Drtooth

Reaction score
A world without stupid lawsuits (back in the 90s, there was a time without those stupid lawsuits, nowadays there's so many of them, it makes me feel there's no hope for people and the media)

Wait, do you mean frivolous lawsuits? Those were huge all over the 90's! Why do you think they did a Pinky and the Brain where Brain was trying to sue a microwave company for turning him into a mouse in an incident that involved non-dairy creamer? In fact, there's less reports of actual frivolous lawsuits now. Ones that do get reported are the same chain e-mails racist old family members send.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Wait, do you mean frivolous lawsuits? Those were huge all over the 90's! Why do you think they did a Pinky and the Brain where Brain was trying to sue a microwave company for turning him into a mouse in an incident that involved non-dairy creamer? In fact, there's less reports of actual frivolous lawsuits now. Ones that do get reported are the same chain e-mails racist old family members send.
Yes I mean those lawsuits, and didn't know they were that huge in the 90s, maybe we are lucky in some way this decade.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. Eek the Cat made fun of them too. 90's all the way.

And even then, most "frivolous law suits" weren't as frivolous as the media tries to pass them off and ones that were probably didn't really happen. At best, these are funny little "what an idiot" jokes that get passed around. But for the most part, it's worked into pretty sinister radio talk shows (and the rest of that ilk of media "information") to keep listeners angry, and emotionally misinformed. The whole "things are bad now because young people are stupid and entitled" reported by older people who are no less stupid and entitled (in some cases, FAR more entitled) to give them validation for backwards decisions and views.

What I miss was when I was too young and naive to care.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I miss when you could actually get penny candy for a penny.

Once upon a time around here, gas was only 99 cents a gallon. Twenty bucks would give you a full tank. Today, the same twenty barely keeps you running on fumes.

Most of all, I miss when Jim Henson and John Lennon were alive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I miss being able to eat really spicy food without it turning my stomach into a sludge factory. It's probably all in my head, but I get overly cautious about that.

Speaking of things to eat, here are the things I miss eating the most:

• Oreo Big Stuff. Lasted all of a week in the late 80's.
  • Oreo O's cereal. It's supposedly still around in Korea
  • Ninja Turtle Pies.
  • Buzz Lightyear Blast cereal. Green and Purple space ships with purple LGM and Zurg graham cookies in it.
  • Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers frozen confections. Unlike most of these things, they were actually ice cream instead of pressed ice.
  • Ecto Cooler. I know they changed the name like twice after the license expired but before it really was taken off the market, but having that Slimer tie-in kinda sold it. I DON'T miss, however, Hi-C Bubble Gum flavored drink.
  • Cookies and Creme Twix. That was another thing that barely lasted a year. Also miss the Peanut Butter ones that pop up once in a Blue Moon, but at least they pop up.
  • Fruit Punch flavored Laffy Taffy. Where did you go? You were here not even a year ago
  • And grossest of all, Jelly Belly Baked Beans flavored Jelly Beans. Better than it sounds.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I miss bananas.

When I was little, I used to eat them like they were going out of style.
Then I saw the Sesame clip- Ernie was trying to convince Bert that a banana
covered with ice and brown gravy was chocolate ice cream. This scene grossed me out so much I couldn't look at bananas again.

40 years later, the smell, texture, and taste of bananas still turn me off, no matter how hard I tried to eat one again.

Thanks, Jim. I owe you one.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I miss TMS reruns on TV, I never got to watch them (I was born the year they stopped airing TMS reruns in America :frown:), but I wish they'd come back so I could watch them without taking my bulky bootleg box-set out!

Eyeball

Reaction score
I miss 2004, so many fond memories from that year, I also miss friends the tv show and I also miss the days of having no responsibilities, y'know when you could just waste the day with your best friends just jammin and making new tunes which you thought were great but actually weren't lol.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I miss before smartphones and social media, when life was bit more simple. Back before 2007...