If they could sing now...

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I also think Wembley would be a good choice to sing "Day-O (Banana Boat song) for obvious reasons, with the rest of the Fraggle Five and other fraggles as back up.

Another Sesame Street song I thought would be good for fraggles to sing is "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" sung by Gobo and Wembley, I think the song and those two singing it go together perfectly.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I think it would be hilarious if Wembley and Boober could sing "Sing After Me" from Sesame Street made famous by Madeline Kahn and Grover. The song would have Wembley convincing Boober to sing whatever he sings and. Boober having none of it until he finally gets into it and has fun.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Just thought of another one, it's been in my head for a while now so I may as well get it out there. So since Wembley is the kind of fraggle to get everybody to dance, I think that Wembley would be a really good fit for the Chubby Checker song, "Limbo Rock" and getting everybody to limbo, even Boober! Can you imagine that? I sure can!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Fleetwood Mac and I could imagine Red singing, "Go Your Own Way."

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I can definitely imagine the Fraggle Five singing "If We Hold On Together" from the first Land Before Time movie.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Just thought up another one, how about Gobo singing "King of the Road" by Roger Miller.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Also, what you said abot T&S is interesting because I've always felt the same way. T&S music is very direct and almost stripped down in a sense. Now, the Con and Sainthood especially are begin to show a slight departure from their indie roots. Sainthood in paritcular has a more experimental sound and feel and they toy around with different mediums. I've been saying for a while that Sainthood is probably their 'bridge album' between the Con and whatever the next evolution of T&S will be. Buuuuut I digress (I digress easily, especially when discussing music because I have a PASSION for music!)

While we're on the subject of the 'wonder twins' how about Speak Slow or Floorplan? Maybe some of their earlier stuff works better but with a stretch of the imagination,it might work.
The thing about a lot of these songs that could work is that themes may be a bit more mature and adult than would be highlighted on the show. These are concepts that, perhaps would not be geared towards that particular age group....STILL, the general feel and energy is right. I could see with some tweaking, a lot of these types of songs working for Fraggle Rock.

Here's a fun one to imagine them all singing!
I LOVE the Kinks. The "Come Dancing" song I guess could be Fraggle Rockish.

How about Waterrloo Sunset? I could either imagine Gobo or all of the Fraggles singing this song.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I can imagine "Octopus' Garden" sung by Gobo and Wembley, maybe after Uncle Traveling Matt tells the Fraggle Five about creatures that live in the waters of Outer Space then Gobo and Wembley imagining what it would be like to swim under the sea with them. Just a little bit of a backstory with the song selection.