Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

Muppet Master

Reaction score

DutchMuppet

Reaction score

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Paging Jvcarroll and OpenVault Disney. May one of you please interject a more logical, level-headed voice of reason post into this thread. Thanks.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I also think we should even start petitions to get our quiet-for-far-too-long insiders like GelflingWaldo, SecretSquirrel and even our own Phillip Chapman to stop being quietm, take breaks from their personal lives and get back to work finding out inside info for us! They oughta be ashamed for abandoning us without any explanations given! :grouchy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah! How dare they move on with their lives? :rolleyes:

I know we're all completely ticked off that we're likely never to see the rest of the series on DVD. I'm totally ticked that not only do they not finish off Darkwing Duck, but will go full on copyright police on anyone who uploads them to youtube. That's...that's worse! And there's not even any freaking songs to clear.

But to blame people who stopped coming here because they've moved on, like adults do is the height of bad fandom. Should we be angry that Disney can't release the DVD sets because either they don't want to or some miserly old coot owns some music rights because he bought them? Yes. Should we be angry that those who had contacts and now don't and are no longer with the board? Can I get a haaaaaaaayyyyyyll no?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Yeah! How dare they move on with their lives? :rolleyes:

I know we're all completely ticked off that we're likely never to see the rest of the series on DVD. I'm totally ticked that not only do they not finish off Darkwing Duck, but will go full on copyright police on anyone who uploads them to youtube. That's...that's worse! And there's not even any freaking songs to clear.

But to blame people who stopped coming here because they've moved on, like adults do is the height of bad fandom. Should we be angry that Disney can't release the DVD sets because either they don't want to or some miserly old coot owns some music rights because he bought them? Yes. Should we be angry that those who had contacts and now don't and are no longer with the board? Can I get a haaaaaaaayyyyyyll no?
True, but regardless, I still think that they WILL release the rest of The Muppet Show on DVD eventually. Maybe we should try being optimistic for a change, since Disney DOES want to release them and is still working on getting all the legal red tape cleared (if the jerk rights-holders had granted them the licenses, Disney would've been able to strike the iron while it was and release the remaining seasons alongside the two recent theatrical Muppet films).

Why did Lylle Brier have to announce the set at D23? Was she and The Muppets Studio really THAT optimistic that Season 4 would be released in 2010?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman, while you're on here, please do the right by doing your job and telling us what Muppet Show Seasons 4 and 5 haven't been released on DVD yet. Please don't let us down. :frown:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Why does everyone seem to think that Phil is some magical gypsy with a crystal ball that knows why the show hasn't been released? Even if he does have connections (I don't know), why are you so sure that he has the power or authority to find out or tell us?