SpongeBob SquarePants

Eyeball

Reaction score
Aside from the decline in quality, does anyone else rather hate the new heavily accordion based soundtrack?, it really grates on my ears.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Aside from the decline in quality, does anyone else rather hate the new heavily accordion based soundtrack?, it really grates on my ears.
I found another bad one...Little Yellow Book. Squidward is obnoxious in it by reading Spongebob's diary, but everybody else does too and yet he still is hypocritical.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I found another bad one...Little Yellow Book. Squidward is obnoxious in it by reading Spongebob's diary, but everybody else does too and yet he still is hypocritical.
Yet the citizens are still worse. They should have known full well that was SpongeBob's diary as they were listening along with Squidward, yet they still turn on him when Sponge's feelings actually got hurt. Plus, Squid only apologizes after the citizens (including the police!) treat him like he just slaughtered a dozen puppies, unlike in something like "Fools in April" when his conscious forced him to say he's sorry after a sadistic prank he pulled on Sponge.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yet the citizens are still worse. They should have known full well that was SpongeBob's diary as they were listening along with Squidward, yet they still turn on him when Sponge's feelings actually got hurt. Plus, Squid only apologizes after the citizens (including the police!) treat him like he just slaughtered a dozen puppies, unlike in something like "Fools in April" when his conscious forced him to say he's sorry after a sadistic prank he pulled on Sponge.[/QUOTE
Wow! Believe it or not, the creator of Animated Atrocities says that!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Wow! Believe it or not, the creator of Animated Atrocities says that!
Yeah, I watch Mr. Enter's channel, and I pretty much agree with everything he said about the episode.

Also, you know something's wrong when Mr. Krabs is the most likeable character here, as he wasn't around listening to Squid reading the diary. His reprimanding of Squid doesn't come across as jerkbutt-ish either in that regard.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yeah, I watch Mr. Enter's channel, and I pretty much agree with everything he said about the episode.

Also, you know something's wrong when Mr. Krabs is the most likeable character here, as he wasn't around listening to Squid reading the diary. His reprimanding of Squid doesn't come across as jerkbutt-ish either in that regard.
I don't agree with his thoughts on Spongebob himself, but I do agree with Mr. Krabs being WORSE than Plankton in One Coarse Meal. He was downright evil there!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to go in the opposite direction of the show going on too far. It's not so much the almost Family Guy-ish level of jerkitude the characters have underwent (Family Guy actually desensitized that to me, actually)... almost every episode I've seen made in the past few years was all Plankton trying to get the Crabby Patty formula, with Spongebob basically being a secondary/tertiary character in his own show. That's straight up Arthur nonsense right there, for one thing. But it's just repetitive. Not that there haven't been some enjoyable ones, but it's time to put that back in the closet and come up with something else.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I love , but honestly it's only been bad since 2011. Even though like all you guys said, Plankton always tries (and always fails, it isn't funny, it never really was) to steal, well, I don't have to even say it, you know it. The Krabby Party Formula.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Has anyone ever noticed how off-model the characters are in the "Fear of a Krabby Patty" episode? Everyone seems short and compressed, especially Mr. Krabs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love , but honestly it's only been bad since 2011. Even though like all you guys said, Plankton always tries (and always fails, it isn't funny, it never really was) to steal, well, I don't have to even say it, you know it. The Krabby Party Formula.
It's not really a matter of funny or not. It's more of a matter of being repetitive and getting less entertaining with every instance. Now there have been some solid episodes with that plot (the one where Plankton brainwashes Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, and Spongebob has to force feed them Patties and bran flakes to digest them, for example). But it really seems they've thrown aside other characters just to keep using the same plotline.

Still love the show, though. It actually sucks that there's rarely been any really good collectors style merchandise of the show since it's been on. There was that Jaxx Pacific figure line from 4 years ago. Then there are actual collector figures out there, but you can only find them intermittently at comic shops. And that's like the ONLY time I've seen a Mermaid Man figure. Seriously... why no MM and BB? Not even in the dozens of kid's meal promotions.