Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recently saw the recent street story where Ernie directs a movie with Bert, and have thought of three great ideas for DVDs that could include that one.

One, an idea I've already had, would be a new Bert and Ernie spotlight video, with this episode and the flood episode where they stay at Susan and Gordon's apartment along with many great inserts.

Another would be a DVD themed around pretending (maybe call it "Let's Pretend"). Perhaps other street stories for inclusion could be the season 30 episode where the adults put on a play, The Count's noble prize episode (since a few characters pretend to be The Count in that one), and maybe one of the episodes concerning Rocko (like one where Elmo constantly feels treated unfairly because of Rocko). And some of Prairie Dawn's pageants, a few more Bert and Ernie segments involving pretending, Spider-Monster: The Musical, and the segment where Kermit and Gladys pretend to be the opposite species of each other. Not to mention Deena and Pearl segments (since they supposedly used their imaginations a lot). The video Imagine That would be an obvious bonus feature choice.

Finally, they could put it in a DVD themed around making movies. Though I don't know of any other episodes that involved movie making (I remember reading on the Tough Pigs forum that Jerry Nelson once informed one member that he and Richard Hunt once appeared on-screen as directors on the show). But there are a few segments that could be included. The two with Kermit directing Forgetful Jones and one where he lets Gladys the Cow direct a scene, Prairie Dawn directing Grover in a production of "Singing in the Rain", and "The Summer of Snuffy" all come to mind. Maybe also some Monsterpiece Theater and Cookie's Crumby Pictures segments, at least as bonus features (since none of them are really about movie making... Monster in a Box is kinda close, though).

wiley207

Reaction score
As for "M is for Mystery," Sesame Workshop seems really hesitant to release "Mysterious Theater" onto home video (maybe they think it will scare kids?)
A mystery-themed DVD like this would be a PERFECT way to release one of them to home video (hopefully the "Missing Cat" one.) Or if not, maybe on a Halloween-themed DVD of some sort...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
As for "M is for Mystery," Sesame Workshop seems really hesitant to release "Mysterious Theater" onto home video (maybe they think it will scare kids?)
A mystery-themed DVD like this would be a PERFECT way to release one of them to home video (hopefully the "Missing Cat" one.) Or if not, maybe on a Halloween-themed DVD of some sort...
There's no conspiracy against Mysterious Theater. I don't know why you think there is.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In October 7 there'll be "Elmo's Super Numbers". Currently Muppet Wiki only has the title and date listed (no cover, no info on what kind of release it is, etc.).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I have a feeling it's going to be another "2 full episodes" release, with the Numeric Con episode being one of the episodes. Probably the Iron Monster episode too, 'cause that one's about math and superheroes too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have a feeling it's going to be another "2 full episodes" release, with the Numeric Con episode being one of the episodes. Probably the Iron Monster episode too, 'cause that one's about math and superheroes too.
Shortly after I made my post I figured it'd probably include at least the Numeric Con street story. And now it's confirmed that that street story will be included (we still don't know if it will be two full episodes or just street stories and inserts).

The announced bonus features are a little odd. There's going to be the Elmo the Musical episode "President the Musical". I would have included a Super Grover 2.0 or Cookie's Crumby Pictures segment (I know, we don't know whether those will be included as part of the main program). And the bonus video is Elmo's Shape Adventure. I would have had it been one of the various numbers-themed videos or the Iron Monster DVD.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So, ETM is 11 minutes, the Furry Four is 12, I'm gonna say and Elmo's Shape Adventure is around 46.

That's 69 minutes out of 120 total. So, either' it's the full Numeric Con episode or just the street story with some other "super" number-related things in it. The DVD back mentions Henry Cavill appearing, so who knows what that is (his "respect" WOTS bit would certainly not fit in a Number-related video).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That's 69 minutes out of 120 total. So, either' it's the full Numeric Con episode or just the street story with some other "super" number-related things in it. The DVD back mentions Henry Cavill appearing, so who knows what that is (his "respect" WOTS bit would certainly not fit in a Number-related video).
What else is there that's related to super and numbers? Has Super Grover ever taught counting (I don't know off-hand, but don't remember any such segments)? Has The Count ever been a superhero?

Of course, according to Muppet Wiki, 13 Teeny Little Super Guy segments were produced, but only 8 or 9 individually segments are listed there. I wonder if there might be one about counting that we don't know about.

It's a shame that none of the Batman or Superman segments produced for the show involve counting.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw on Muppet Wiki that there either is or will be (there's no "in development" tag there) a second volume of Elmo the Musical as a Wal-Mart exclusive.

I was at Wal-Mart today but didn't see it (though I didn't know about it when I was at Wal-Mart), though I did see something else I don't recall knowing about: A release of all three Preschool is Cool DVDs (not sure whether it was multi-disc or single-disc).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to the Tough Pigs forum, Elmo's Super Numbers will have an extended version of the Numericon episode.