Fozzie Bear Replica Puppet

Wafflesnacker

Reaction score
STAY AWAY FROM CREATURE CLONES!!! THEY ARE A NIGHTMARE TO DEAL WITH!!!! TRUST ME, I HAD A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THEM!!

If required, I will go into detail but I spent nearly twelve months, after payment, fighting to receive an item and ended up having to threaten to get my credit card company involved to recover the cost! It may be an isolated incident and this is personal opinion, but it got VERY unpleasant and he really seemed to relish having the upper hand of having the cash upfront.
What Item was it?

Slackbot

Reaction score
If required, I will go into detail but I spent nearly twelve months, after payment, fighting to receive an item and ended up having to threaten to get my credit card company involved to recover the cost!
Did you ever get your puppet?

Reevz1977

Reaction score
It was a Miss Piggy poser. The actual poser itself was great, other than a terrible armature structure inside thats almost pointless. It looks very much like Piggy and, other than the skeleton, I don't have complaints about the quality - getting it though was another story...

Slackbot

Reaction score
Ah, well, I'm glad that at least you got what you paid for. Out of curiosity, does she have fleece skin?

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Me too!! It looked very unlikely for a long time!

She has a flocked foam head and is pretty accurate, i'd post a photo but unfortunate don't know how

Slackbot

Reaction score
Do you have any photos online?

This seller, BTW, has shaped the way I do business when people commission puppets from me. He's served as a "how not to do business" example. I only take the down payment when I am ready to start, I keep in close contact with the buyer and send in-progress photos so they can see their puppet being built, and I take the other half of the payment when it's finished and I am ready to ship. I want buyers to feel safe with me!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Heres a photo...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/14484567968/

With regards to how they went about their customer service, it initially started out as me seeing a Piggy Head that was created. I asked about commissioning one and was told I could buy that head and that she would be done the following spring. What actually transpired as that wasn't the Piggy head I'd purchased and every email I sent regarding when would I see her I would get vague answers and excuses. Eventually, after nearly twelve months, and having received very patronising and almost cocky emails, I threatened to have my credit card company withdraw the funds and my Piggy was suddenly done. Mike initially seemed like a really good guy to work with but over the duration my opinion did a complete 180.

Like I say, this may have been a one-off bad experience and, truth be told, I have contacted him since about other possible posers. However every time I come close, I think about all the headaches and frustrations involved in getting my Miss Piggy and I just back away.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Ugh. Sounds like he doesn't want repeat customers, does he?

Lovely Piggy! That's a face I'd be afraid to try to make because of the shape of the mouth.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
He really doesn't seem like he wanted repeat custom and he pretty much had me guaranteed for at least 3-4 more.

Actually, I really shouldn't be too hard on Creature Clones. Sure, I had a tough time with them but I got my Piggy in the end and others could have a thoroughly good time with them. I don't know the circumstances or trials and tribulations Mike was under at the time, I just know he tested my stress levels quite a lot and I sincerely doubted I would ever see the final product.

I just wish the folk at Disney had followed through with what they started with Master Replicas. I take a look at what could have been with Terry's Fozzie, EFX's Rizzo and can't help but think that it was a promise unfulfilled.

If they ever started making them again, I wouldn't given a second's hesitation in snapping them up...it would be a darn sight cheaper for one!!