What is Scooter?

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
I ever asked myself What Scooter is...I think he is a ,,human Muppet" Even if he hasn't got a nose :wink:

One question:What is Beaker??I think he's also a human Muppet But Which human can speak his language?? And What's with Bunsen?Why does he Look like a melon and why does he Not have eyes?

Slackbot

Reaction score
I see him as a Whatnot, but he's high-ranked enough to have established his own look. Well, until his cameo as Lady Guenevere.

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
I would actually say that Bunsen is not a human, but rather that he is a honeydew. I guess it sounds dumb, but seeing as it is his last name and that his head is in a honeydew shape and color, that was always what I thought. As for Beaker, I have no idea what he is.

I think that Beauregard is a mix between a Frackle and a mole, similar to Scooter being a mix between a human and a parrot.
Yup,But why can a Honeydew speak???And why does he have Glasses??Very weird :confused: I think Beaker is also a ,,human" but with a big big grammar mistake...So big that Noone can help him :wink: Ok,in MFS and TMM,he said:,,Sadly temporary"and he Sometimes say something.But apart from that,it's always Meep :eek:

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
Yup,But why can a Honeydew speak???And why does he have Glasses??Very weird :confused: I think Beaker is also a ,,human" but with a big big grammar mistake...So big that Noone can help him :wink: Ok,in MFS and TMM,he said:,,Sadly temporary"and he Sometimes say something.But apart from that,it's always Meep :eek:
Maybe Bunsen did an experiment on him and now his vocabulary is limited.

Iscah

Reaction score
Wading into this discussion a bit late, but it's already been resurrected, so why not.

And when you think about it, Fozzie wears a hat and tie, nothing else, this means he has a concept of wearing clothes, so is he an exhibitionist? He's always bare... or is that BEAR! HA! I'm so fun-nee!
Good grief, the comedian's a bear!

After work, Bo goes home to his underground hole, where he pulls vegetables down from the ceiling for his supper.
I just had a mental image of his hole overlapping with Doozer tunnels. (I think because they also mine vegetables from underneath the garden.) How sweet would that be? I could see him making friends with them.

Anyway, my best guess for what he is, is some kind of large rodent, maybe a capybara or porcupine. (Apparently he was inspired by Wendell Porcupine from Emmet Otter.) With more Wikipedia-ing and the "lives in a burrow" thing in mind, maybe a groundhog or marmot?

I'd say he's definitely not a Frackle though. They seem to be more birdlike.

Considering he has the same mouth shape as Nigel the Conductor, I think it's safe to say they fall under the same species subgrouping.
I assume you meant Scooter and not Beauregard. Anyway I'm convinced Nigel is a Fraggle. But Scooter is a human/Whatnot. (Scooter has ears. Fraggles don't.)

The "mother was a parrot" thing... well might have been a joke, but taking it as true and getting super theoretical - evidently being a muppet 'X' overrides any non-muppet species barriers for a start (only his mother was a parrot). It could also be more complex. Maybe his mother is half-parrot half-Whatnot and he's only quarter. Or maybe he (or all Whatnots somewhere in the past) does have some degree of Fragglish ancestry. For that matter Fraggles are birdlike (if they're anything 'real' they're proto-bird dinosaurs) and/or a lot of muppet birds look Fraggle-like.
There do also seem to be degrees of "muppet human" - J.P., Statler and Waldorf at the mild end; Walter (and Beaker, I think) somewhere in the middle; typical Whatnots at the far end. Goes for other species too - eg. Sprocket or the chickens compared to the usual fully anthropomorphic animals.

I would actually say that Bunsen is not a human, but rather that he is a honeydew. I guess it sounds dumb, but seeing as it is his last name and that his head is in a honeydew shape and color, that was always what I thought.
Hooray, matching theories!

Yup,But why can a Honeydew speak???And why does he have Glasses??Very weird :confused:
If he didn't wear glasses, you couldn't picture where his eyes are supposed to be. Anyway, there are lots of talking fruit-and-vegetable Muppets. Bunsen is just unusually humanoid. Or maybe he's an entire honeydew plant and it's all vines under the lab coat.