Has anyone ever lost a pet?

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I lost my very first pet. She was a baby chicken, her name was Camilla (named after Gonzo's lady :cluck:) and although I took good care of her, she died.

My aunt told me she went to go live on a farm, but I figured out what really happened a couple days later. That was 11 years ago and it still hurts because I genuinely loved my baby chicken Camilla.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One of my cats died while I was in the hospital. She never was sick before, but crawled over to a corner, closed her eyes, and never woke up.

Two others had to be put down because they had intestinal tumors. It breaks my heart to have to put them to sleep, but it hurts even more to see them suffering.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Last Summer, our family had to put down our beloved dog, Shawnee. She was part mastiff and part boxer, one of the most beautiful dogs I've ever seen. We miss you Shawnee, :cry:.

mariolover

Reaction score
Back in June 2006, we got a dog named bongo who we had to put down shortly after we got him in December of that year because he had cancer that wasn't detected soon enough. I remember being sad when it happened. Then around 2013 or 2014 we had to put down another one of our dogs named Cooper who we got in 2002 because he was suffering from seizures. I was sad when Cooper died too. I still miss them to this day.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
We all miss our pets. Putting them down is hard enough. But you have to, because if you love them, it's selfish to have them suffer.

As with our cats, 15 years is a good lifespan for a stray. Giving them a good home, shelter, and love is a better alternative than fending for themselves outside.

Our time with our pets is brief. The bonds we form are strong. It's painful to say goodbye, but the time they share with us is a blessing.
Odds are we will have to put them down at some point, due to illness or old age. Unless you have a parrot or a tortoise that can live a hundred years.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Not technically a pet of mine, but one of my most favorite YouTube foxes RonRon died of old age during spring of 2016. He was one of my favorite foxes. I still watch older videos of him to make myself feel better and get over his death.

gravy

Reaction score
Recently in June, my dog which was an American Staffordshire Terrier died. We got her in 2002. She started having problems moving her back legs and this was going on for months. We decided in advance that it was her time and we didn't want her to suffer, so we took her to the vet and that was the end. We had a good 14 years with her. So a week later without a dog or any liveliness in our house, we got a puppy and she is currently 6 months old.