What sketches scared you as a kid?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Here's some I forgot :

The Muppet Show

-The Muppet Show Hawaiian War Chant that had the talking Tikis, freaked me out a little (although I didn't mind them in Muppet Treasure Island).
-The upside-down chins freaked out my mom, LOL.
-I used to cry every time the Java kicked the other Java in the Ethel Merman episode (I guess I felt bad for him, XD).
-My dad says I used to be scared of Uncle Deadly when I was little.
-I vaguely remember being afraid of the Brontosaurus Muppet.

Sesame Street

-The 40 Dots animation freaked me out when I was 2-years-old.
-During the song "Above It All" I would cry every time she says "Then one day I heard a sound, from above, it turned me around!".
-I was watching "Plaza Sesamo" the other and there was a somewhat disturbing film about a Letter R popping out of a pool frightening kids.
-I have a friend who is a teenager and is still afraid of the Yakety Yak breaking the camera.
-The film of the flowers with the sad music made me get really emotional.
-I vaguely remember seeing Bert and Ernie in the Egyptian pyramid when I was a little kid (around 2002) and being freaked out by it.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Here's some I forgot :

The Muppet Show

-The Muppet Show Hawaiian War Chant that had the talking Tikis, freaked me out a little (although I didn't mind them in Muppet Treasure Island).
-The upside-down chins freaked out my mom, LOL.
-I used to cry every time the Java kicked the other Java in the Ethel Merman episode (I guess I felt bad for him, XD).
-My dad says I used to be scared of Uncle Deadly when I was little.
-I vaguely remember being afraid of the Brontosaurus Muppet.

Sesame Street

-The 40 Dots animation freaked me out when I was 2-years-old.
-During the song "Above It All" I would cry every time she says "Then one day I heard a sound, from above, it turned me around!".
-I was watching "Plaza Sesamo" the other and there was a somewhat disturbing film about a Letter R popping out of a pool frightening kids.
-I have a friend who is a teenager and is still afraid of the Yakety Yak breaking the camera.
-The film of the flowers with the sad music made me get really emotional.
-I vaguely remember seeing Bert and Ernie in the Egyptian pyramid when I was a little kid (around 2002) and being freaked out by it.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
We all know that Bushman Bill's voice was terrified but we can all agree that the song was nice and catchy.

wiley207

Reaction score
We all know that Bushman Bill's voice was terrified but we can all agree that the song was nice and catchy.
Yeah, I remember finding Bushman Bill kinda weird as a kid, but the song sure is fun. I wonder who voiced the three female singers? (I doubt they were even Muppet performers; it's likely they could've simply gotten a female vocal group to sing the song, and had the puppets lip-sync to the recording.) And another thing, did any DJs in real life play LP records? Usually when it comes to DJs and vinyl, they usually played 45s and the 12" singles...

I am guessing that segment is either from 1979 or 1980...

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
There were these creepy animations with two singing female pigs about all the numbers. It wasn't them that scared me as much as I had a dream that they were right by my bed once, and singing that song in a really creepy tone....just seeming to enjoy the fact they were scaring me....so yeah...

BertsNose

Reaction score
I don't remember if anything scared me as a kid on Sesame Street because it was so long ago. However on youtube I ran across the clip where Ernie loses his rubber ducky and later Oscar comes back from the store with this ugly looking doll that makes a horrible noise. I never saw that as a kid but if I did it probably would've scared the living daylights out of me if not creeped me out a little. I'm 22 and it creeps me out just thinking about it. When I watched that I thought "Oscar, do not squeeze that ugly looking doll ever again!"

Drtooth

Reaction score
That &^%$ bird. I swear that when I first saw it, I was dreaming it. I actually have a vivid memory of where I was and what I was doing. And for me, vivid memory isn't something you hear me say often unless the words "I've pretty much lost anything comparable to a" are before it.

There was something dream like or nightmare like about that segment. I was well aware Sesame Street had bizarre things interrupting the show. But that was strange.

Luke kun

Reaction score
That's a riot, Drtooth.

Anyway, I cannot go to sleep if the CTW Snake sound is stuck in my head. Same thing with the Sparks one. They both have a TRON-like quality to them, though. And didja know that TV Tropes has a Nightmare Fuel page dedicated to Sesame Street? You can post the latest entry on the page here! (please no pictures; we've already had nightmares)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll admit, the sparks logo is stylish... for the late 70's. They kept that one up until the 90's, if I'm not mistaken. I swear that the second they had a new logo for CTW they changed their name to Sesame Workshop.