Do you feel Welcome at Muppet Central?

galagr

Reaction score
"Hey, everybody, let's attack the moderators, the very people who founded this website and keep it going!"

Listen, (and this has been said before) no matter where you go, not everyone's going to like you. You're never going to be loved by everyone. Some people just may have it out for you. I don't know why they would, but, you never know! I've gotten a few posts deleted and gotten into a few arguments with the member around here, but I grew up, forgave and forgot! Now, I'm not saying we should be going around blaming people, but this isn't all on the moderator's shoulders, either. Anyone can report any post and it'll get deleted. Most of the time, if you provide a reason. That means that any member at any time could report a post of yours and there'd be a (just a guess here) eighty percent chance of it being deleted!

Also, if you are being attacked and you feel threatened, then what the heck are you still doing here? That's like going into the same back alley that you've previously been mugged at three times already! If you feel threatened on a website, get off the computer and don't go back to that website! That's just common sense!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So I ask do we want younger new members or do we need to put an age restriction on the forums that anyone younger then 18 need not to become members.
No way, most muppet fans are young anyways, that'd just be sad.

Eyeball

Reaction score
"Hey, everybody, let's attack the moderators, the very people who founded this website and keep it going!"

Listen, (and this has been said before) no matter where you go, not everyone's going to like you. You're never going to be loved by everyone. Some people just may have it out for you. I don't know why they would, but, you never know! I've gotten a few posts deleted and gotten into a few arguments with the member around here, but I grew up, forgave and forgot! Now, I'm not saying we should be going around blaming people, but this isn't all on the moderator's shoulders, either. Anyone can report any post and it'll get deleted. Most of the time, if you provide a reason. That means that any member at any time could report a post of yours and there'd be a (just a guess here) eighty percent chance of it being deleted!

Also, if you are being attacked and you feel threatened, then what the heck are you still doing here? That's like going into the same back alley that you've previously been mugged at three times already! If you feel threatened on a website, get off the computer and don't go back to that website! That's just common sense!
Yes but it's time to take a stand when you feel like a moderator has it in for you, I.e removing all of your posts for no apparent reason or if you feel as if you just can't say anything without fearing that your account may get deleted as in some of my friends cases, when you dictate what people can and can't say (within reason granted) it makes you no better then Stalin or any other dictator for that matter.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
There are kind ways to deal with perceived unkindness. I'm not saying that people weren't wronged here, but that's usually the best way to go. Otherwise a misunderstanding can turn into a needless argument and then neither side listens to the other. Just my thoughts.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well I usually feel welcome at MC, most of the time.

dwayne1115

Reaction score

The word respect comes to mind, when i think of the issues we are talking about. New and younger members want the same respect as a member who has been on the forum for years. Now is it true that there where some new members who may have broken the rules even after being warned, but that does not mean that they should be deemed as a spammer and not allowed to post on the forum.

Now on the part of people being attacked, it's not that they are being attacked as more as being bullied, which there is a difference. There is a young member between the ages of 8- 11 on the forum who has left the forum almost in tears because he wanted to know how to do something on the forum, and when asked was mistreated. Now granted this is only one case but if this kind of behavior is allowed then why should we even have new and younger members join the forum.

Thirdly, When I started this thread it was not my intention to attack anyone especially a mod. I will however stand up for what I feel is right, and seeing people treated unfairly is not right, mod or not.
I know this forum has rules and guidelines set in place for a reason, and I agree with most if not all of the rules What I do have a problem with however, is when the rules and guidelines are used in an abusive or controlling manner.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I have felt welcome here, but whoever is creating hostility here needs to stop. We're all Muppet fans here, so treat each other with respect.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well, I never knew there was any bullying going on this site of all sites. When I joined MC I did, because it was a safe place for everyone to discuss muppets of all ages, but bullying? Come on, if this is how new muppet fans are treated than how are we supposed to create a new generation of muppet fans? Honestly, I thought the biggest issue here was disagreeing with others, but any bullying around here must stop. Would Jim Henson want this on a muppet fan site. Think about this friends.