Is Frozen overrated?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I can understand all the hype behind Frozen with the way it constantly subverts many of the tropes found in Disney princess movies, along with the messages in "Let It Go". But yeah, I get where you're going with it being overrated. Anything that's insanely popular can be considered "overrated".

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
YES, it is WAY overrated. It's not even that good! It still has the horrible songs, etc. That didn't change. I honestly don't know what made it so diffrent from others? "Olaf and Sven were funny! And Let it Go was so good too!"No, it was an average, stereotypical Disney Princess movie.

mspiggy101

Reaction score
YES, it is WAY overrated. It's not even that good! It still has the horrible songs, etc. That didn't change. I honestly don't know what made it so diffrent from others? "Olaf and Sven were funny! And Let it Go was so good too!"No, it was an average, stereotypical Disney Princess movie.
AGREED!!!!

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
While it is a good movie, going back on the several advertisements, the fact that every single time when you think Frozen's going to be forgotten it comes back with news out of nowhere, seriously Disney Junior is having Olaf shorts, sing a longs, and so much more, for there own Frozen week this week, and this week it just went straight out of theaters, so, yeah, I think it's overrated, but it's still a good movie though.

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
It could have been better, but came off as very uninteresting. The timing was off, there were far too many songs, the characters are unappealing apart from design... The couple things that saved it for me were Olaf and the sauna shop scene. Beyond that, it may be worth a watch for its cultural significance, or for hardcore Disney fans, but not one I'd see again anytime soon.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Oh yes...yes, yes, YES!!!! Frozen is most definitely overrated! It bothers me how people have actually been watching it religiously! Now, I've sat through the entire movie at least once, and I enjoyed it...but not enough to become a huge fan of it and watch it day after day, hour after hour, and so on. Tangled on the other hand is a far more superior movie to Frozen- people (myself included) enjoyed that movie a lot too, but not once in my life have I heard people randomly singing I See the Light, When Will My Life Begin, or any other song from that movie compared to how I often hear people (basically anyone up to the age of a college student) sing Do You Wanna Build a Snowman? or Let it Go.

Personally, I don't see what's so great about Frozen! Why do people make such a huge fuss out of it? Like Imag42 pointed out, Frozen is just an average, stereotypical Disney Princess movie! Again, Tangled is a LOT better film to sit through- the plot is better, the songs are better, and everything else about that movie is better than Frozen! Does anyone else agree with me?

To anyone who hasn't seen either of these 2 movies: watch Tangled- more worth your time than that other film this thread is about!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can understand all the hype behind Frozen with the way it constantly subverts many of the tropes found in Disney princess movies, along with the messages in "Let It Go". But yeah, I get where you're going with it being overrated. Anything that's insanely popular can be considered "overrated".
The media ruined Let it Go. They overused the darn thing for months (The View hilariously used it as a theme song), then they switched over and really ruined "Happy." A song that was meant for nothing more than the party sequence in the opening of Despicable Me 2. Now everyone used it to the point where it stopped becoming catchy, and started being inescapable. At least we got a Weird Al parody out of it, that sort of makes it better.

Then again, Frozen made a LOT of money (outgrossing every animated movie last year, especially the humongous hit DM2 ), so of course they're going to rail it into the ground. I wish I saw it, but went to Anchorman 2, where I was laughing so hard I was almost choking to death on gummies. Don't bring gummies to a comedy movie, BTW. No regrets other than choice of candy. But Frozen seems genuinely liked. A little overhyped, but it has an audience.

Now PLANES... not only is it overrated, it's overrated in Disney's mind. The first film made back it's budget at a less than impressive 90 mil. The second one opened at a weak barely 18mil. It did make some money (not even close to Frozen's take), but Disney wants to push the line to sell die cast cars/planes.

Also, while I actually saw the whole thing and didn't hate it (but still didn't think it was that great), I'd say the most overrated animated film of the past few years is Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It's... not that good, I did laugh a few times, but I don't think it de4serves the love it gets. They did MUCH better with the Lego Movie, but there's just something about Cloudy that seems meh overall. EVEN if you remove it from the book, which you have to.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I recall watching one of Doug Walker's Disneycember videos about The Lion King and how he felt it was overrated, especially most of the songs. While everyone else at his school was singing "Circle of Life" and "Hakuna Matata", he was singing his favorite song, "Be Prepared". I think he has since warmed up to them, as it's been a long time since I've re-watched it.

Last edited:

mspiggy101

Reaction score
Oh yes...yes, yes, YES!!!! Frozen is most definitely overrated! It bothers me how people have actually been watching it religiously! Now, I've sat through the entire movie at least once, and I enjoyed it...but not enough to become a huge fan of it and watch it day after day, hour after hour, and so on. Tangled on the other hand is a far more superior movie to Frozen- people (myself included) enjoyed that movie a lot too, but not once in my life have I heard people randomly singing I See the Light, When Will My Life Begin, or any other song from that movie compared to how I often hear people (basically anyone up to the age of a college student) sing Do You Wanna Build a Snowman? or Let it Go.

Personally, I don't see what's so great about Frozen! Why do people make such a huge fuss out of it? Like Imag42 pointed out, Frozen is just an average, stereotypical Disney Princess movie! Again, Tangled is a LOT better film to sit through- the plot is better, the songs are better, and everything else about that movie is better than Frozen! Does anyone else agree with me?

To anyone who hasn't seen either of these 2 movies: watch Tangled- more worth your time than that other film this thread is about!
Yeah during the film I was thinking this is good I guess but Tangled is great. It was funnier, the plot was intense when it came to where she goes back home, and to me I liked it way better.