Is Frozen overrated?

mspiggy101

Reaction score
While it is a good movie, going back on the several advertisements, the fact that every single time when you think Frozen's going to be forgotten it comes back with news out of nowhere, seriously Disney Junior is having Olaf shorts, sing a longs, and so much more, for there own Frozen week this week, and this week it just went straight out of theaters, so, yeah, I think it's overrated, but it's still a good movie though.
I feel like they're going to post those shorts on disney channel soon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I recall watching one of Doug Walker's Disneycember videos about The Lion King and how he felt it was overrated, especially most of the songs. While everyone else at his school was singing "Circle of Life" and "Hakuna Matata", he was singing his favorite song, "Be Prepared". I think he has since warmed up to them, as it's been a long time since I've re-watched it.
If there's one thing The Lion King should get credit for, it's being a 90's Disney Movie that isn't about princesses, or at least marketable human female characters. It does have a love story, which is fairly minor and doesn't detract from the film's story. I wish we saw more movies like TLK during that period. I'd say, the princesses themselves are overrated. Even in the old days, I found myself drawn to Jungle Book, Dumbo, Peter Pan, and especially Pinocchio over Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty (on that subject, I find Maleficent WAAAAAAAY more overrated than Frozen ever will be).

Seriously. My favorite more recent Disney movies are Emperor's New Groove, Lilo and Stitch, and of course Wreck-It Ralph.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Ditto on Wreck-It Ralph, as that is the only Disney CGI movie I've seen and liked(I never saw Tangled and Meet the Robinson's, and I hated Chicken Little, but didn't like Bolt.) Lilo and Stitch is ok, and I've never seen the Emperor, nor does it interest me.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It feels like disney is trying to make their answer to Dreamwork's shrek.
Oh what, you mean a fractured fairy tale full of pop culture parodies? Tangled refreshingly isn't that at all, though it was going to be in development when Shrek was still popular.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Oh what, you mean a fractured fairy tale full of pop culture parodies? Tangled refreshingly isn't that at all, though it was going to be in development when Shrek was still popular.

No I mean that It's a fairy tale that's making fun of it's self.