Do you feel Welcome at Muppet Central?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I do want to go on record, and say that I personally do not have a problem with anyone on the forum.I do think some attitudes,and or mindsets regarding new and younger members needs to change. When that changes I feel that the whole atmosphere of the forum will also change. The forum, and website as a whole for that matter use to pop with excitement. At times it would almost feel like you where in an episode of the Muppet Show with so many random silly things going on. Now a days it takes a lot to get people to act silly, and I think that one reason for that is that people are afraid to be themselves due to what some members would say or do. Now granted I'm not expecting the forums to ever be the way they where in it's glory days, but I do think we need some kind of change.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I am sorry for the double posting once again but I need to say this. If anyone feels like they have been mistreated,abused or bullied,and you feel like you can't talk to a staff member or can't post it on this thread, then please contact me. I'm not a staff member, and I may not be able to change things, but I'm here to listen.
If there are any new member who have any questions about the forum the Muppets or Jim Henson please feel free to contact me. I'm here several times a day so my door is always open no matter how big or small the issue may be.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Contrary to my account notation, I first entered MC forums around 1999. It was far more cliquey back then. I called a "noob" and many people had dismissive attitudes toward me, but most people were kind.

I kindly confronted most of the flack and that cooled things off a bit. It wasn't immediate and it didn't help with everybody. However, some of the very people giving me flack became pretty good friends later on. Go figure.

Sometimes it's best to give people a chance, even if they don't seem to have earned it. A few years later I joined staff, revamped the graphics in this place and became a moderator myself for a little while. That's no easy job, by the way, and I'm glad to be rid of it. I'd only step in when things became racist, sexist, homophobic or downright mean.

I've stopped coming here as much in recent years. The main site just doesn't have the sort of exciting content it once did, I'm busy with work and then there's Facebook for the rest. I wish the "noobs" and everybody else luck. (And by the way, I say "noobs" with sarcasm because we ALL belong.)

:smile:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I am sorry for the double posting once again but I need to say this. If anyone feels like they have been mistreated,abused or bullied,and you feel like you can't talk to a staff member or can't post it on this thread, then please contact me. I'm not a staff member, and I may not be able to change things, but I'm here to listen.
If there are any new member who have any questions about the forum the Muppets or Jim Henson please feel free to contact me. I'm here several times a day so my door is always open no matter how big or small the issue may be.
He's amazing, and he IS going to help.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Thank you very much Dwayne, your kindess is very much appreciated.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't understand, what did this site have 10 years ago that it lacks now? Was it the people, the threads, the respect?
Good question! The answer however is a bit of a challenge, but I think to sum it up in the simplest way would be all the above.

The People: I would think it would be a given that people would come and go. I personally feel that even though people come and go the atmosphere of fun should still be able to stay the same.

The Threads: Over the past 10 years there have been some wonderful threads on this forum. Some Happy some informative, some sad, and some down right silly and they where all a great thing to be a part of. Sure we could go through and bump some of the old threads up, but the fun would almost seem forced. We need new threads with new ideas, and in a way spark a new energy into the forums.

The Respect: This is one that I have been very passionate, and at the same time very frustrated with. Websites like Toghpigs The Muppetcast, and the Muppet Mindset have grown to huge heights with daily updates, stories, and interviews that Muppet Central has become the black sheep of the Muppet fan community. Which is sad since in it's glory days this site was the only one that was keeping up with updates and so fourth.

All of these things with the exception of the people could be a simple change. It would just take a little bit of TLC.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well until this problem is solved, i will not be posting any of my fan fics on here .
A suggestion for fan fics is to do like some of my friends have been doing. PM folks who you think would enjoy them,and then instead of it getting deleted the people who don't want to read your story can just leave the conversation.