Movies You Thought You'd Hate But Like

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Muppets Most Wanted. It appeared like it would be a disaster, thanks to the new Muppet crew, because almost every single Muppet movie was terrific, until The Muppets ( 2011) came about. TOO MUCH HUMANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought that MMW would suck, for the same reason the previous movie did. I saw it in the movie theaters, and it is my 3rd best Muppet movie.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I remember when I first saw Blazing Saddles, I got it for Christmas but hadn't even heard of that movie (and wasn't exactly a fan of Mel Brooks), but judging from the cover I didn't think I'd like it much (not too big on westerns). I was wrong.

I also didn't think I'd like Frozen. My mom took me and some of my cousins to see it, and it was a lot better than I'd expected. I mainly chose to go for the new Mickey Mouse short. I also didn't realize that Frozen was a "princess" movie (I thought it was supposed to be all about the snowman).

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Muppets Most Wanted. It appeared like it would be a disaster, thanks to the new Muppet crew, because almost every single Muppet movie was terrific, until The Muppets ( 2011) came about. TOO MUCH HUMANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought that MMW would suck, for the same reason the previous movie did. I saw it in the movie theaters, and it is my 3rd best Muppet movie.

Ditto. I was very disappointed by The Muppets (2011) because not only were the human characters in it too much, but I also found it much too sappy and cutesy, and didn't think Walter really added anything new. I've actually commented other places that I was shocked that it actually did well enough to get a sequel. I went to go see MMW (with my little brother) not really knowing what to expect, but it ended up being just what I like about other Muppet movies; it was funny, kooky, energetic, good human characters without having them take over the movie, touching moments that were not overly sappy, and good suspense. I really enjoyed it!:smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I actually enjoyed Blended more than I thought I would and honestly I'm not really an Adam Sandler fan at all.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Planet 51. It wasn't great,and had stock references, but when I recently saw it, I was pleasantly surprised.

Harleena

Reaction score
The Lego Movie: possibly the weirdest thing to do on a first date, but still a great movie. My cousins love it too!
The Million Dollar Arm: I thought it would be boring, but it was really inspirational!
Forrest Gump: I thought it would be boring, but it was hilarious!
Rise of the Guardians: I wasn't thrilled about watching this, but I ended up loving it. But I STILL HATE JELSA!!!!!!!!!!
The Giver: I thought it would just be a Hunger Games ripoff, but it turned out to be better than I expected!
The Boxtrolls: OMG. GO SEE THIS ONE. IT'S REALLY GOOD.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Never thought I'd say this...but I really enjoyed the new Ninja Turtles movie, lol. Bottom line for me, I really enjoyed the turtles themselves as characters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only two that stand out in my mind are MOUSEHUNT and PIRATE RADIO.

MOUSEHUNT because I was a kid when it first came out, and it was a movie that my parents were really anxious to see... when you're a kid, and your parents want to see something, you automatically assume it's some kind of a boring, talky, sleep-inducing movie (remember when I was in day care and our teacher took us to see that John Travolta movie PHENOMENON?) However, I loved it; it's a really funny and excellent live action family (for the most part) movie.

PIRATE RADIO, I didn't necessarily believe I would hate it, but I had a feeling that the story of the rogue pirate radio station would take a back seat to an amalgam of the kind of amoral behavior that people of the 60s engaged in, but it did turn out to be the other way around: yes, there's sex and drugs and such in the movie, but the main focus is indeed the radio station and the quirky lot that run it.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Oh wow...just recently this year when I first heard about Big Hero 6, it had me thinking that it'll look pretty boyish. But later I had realized the more I read articles and seen the trailers/clips of the film, the more I understood that it has a moral story for everyone to see.

And after seeing the film in theaters recently, I now consider Hiro, Honey Lemon, Wasabi, Fred, GoGo, and Baymax as my heroes. The same goes with Hiro's older brother, Tadashi ( :cry: ).

Last edited:

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I thought I wouldn't like the final Pretty Cure All-Stars New Stage movie as much as the second one (the second one was pretty much boring), and it's basically one of the best Pretty Cure movie I ever saw. Plus, the ending is sad. :cry: