Worst sequels

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Oh, okay. Yeah- that's still kinda weird to me to think that Nintendo has Sonic and Sega games appear in its Wii catalog now....

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
that's still kinda weird to me to think that Nintendo has Sonic and Sega games appear in its Wii catalog now....
It's been that way for a while. Sega gave up on making consoles after the Dreamcast, so Sonic (and a few other Sega exclusive franchises) had to move out, and is now no longer exclusive to Sega consoles.

Sonic has however appeared on certain computer software in the 90s (Sonic's Schoolhouse, Sonic CD, Sonic Screensaver, Sonic R, etc.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's been that way for a while. Sega gave up on making consoles after the Dreamcast, so Sonic (and a few other Sega exclusive franchises) had to move out, and is now no longer exclusive to Sega consoles.
Oh, man... the stories about that one that I'd have to re-look up and re-read for accuracy. But yeah. that system was squeezed out by up and coming console systems from companies that have more consumer goods that if the systems didn't do well, they still had everything else to sell. That's what caused Sega to just give up hardware and go for software.

Then again, Sega does produce actual kid's toys in the Japanese market.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Sonic has however appeared on certain computer software in the 90s (Sonic's Schoolhouse, Sonic CD, Sonic Screensaver, Sonic R, etc.)
Yep- I remember the Sonic CD video game- I used to have that for PC. (Might still have it somewhere actually......:smile:)

Eyeball

Reaction score
Taken 2, it sucked not to mention there like 6 people in the cinema on the release night aswell.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I have to agree. Frollo would be rolling in his grave if he saw how terrible that film was.
Yes he certainly would, that villain was pretty lame. "I could kiss me but then I'd fall in love!" That sounds like something Link Hogthrob would say..heck he would have made a better villain than Sarouch (or however you spell it).

Drtooth

Reaction score
If TV show spinoffs count as sequels, then I say Planet Sheen.

It takes all the things that those who actually liked Jimmy Neutron were willing to forgive, exasperates them, and throws a random character in a scenario that any cartoon could have been easily placed in and the show would be exactly the same. Just unfunny and generic and Sheen becoming completely braindead instead of naive and obsessed fanboy-y makes the show worse.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
It would be easier to say which Disney DTV sequels were actually good. Some of them were, actually. I don't see why Hunchback needed a sequel. Of course, I never actually saw the thing. But as sanitized as the Disney movie was, it was still one of the darkest things the studio ever put out. Probably even outdoes Black Cauldron in those terms. Hunchback 2 seems like they wanted to give Quasimodo an even happier ending.

I don't even get the "even happier ending" thought. I mean, why is it that Disney thinks "happiness" equals romance (or vice versa)? Looking back on Hunchback, one of the things I actually like about it is that Quasimodo didn't end up with the leading lady, but still ended up happy, because he was accepted for who he was (which, before meeting Esmeralda, was all he wanted to begin with). I like that it was something different for Disney at the time. Giving him a love interest in the DTV sequel kind of ruins that...

Drtooth

Reaction score
They don't call them cheapquels for nothing.