Stop Being a Fool Disney: Release The Muppets at Walt Disney

Do you think Disney'll release the special?

• Yes

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well, then does anyone think it could be a bonus feature on a muppet blu-ray? (I'm thinking MMW will be the last muppet production to be released on DVD)
I'm thinking Muppets Most Wanted will be the last for some time, but not the last one ever.

As for the special being released as a bonus feature. Who knows? I won't say flat out no to that, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'm thinking Muppets Most Wanted will be the last for some time, but not the last one ever.

As for the special being released as a bonus feature. Who knows? I won't say flat out no to that, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
I do hope though that TMS S4 and 5 (if ever released) will get a DVD release along with Blu-Ray. Probably not though, since DVDs are already quite obsolete, heck I see more Blu-Rays then DVDs at Walmart nowadays. The good news is that DVDs are now a heck lot cheaper, new releases can be as cheap as $15, the bad news is they get stripped of most or all their bonus features so all you have is a music video that's already on YT *cough* MMW *cough*.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Pretty much if it's a special that is more current like the Muppet ones that did get their own DVD, like Wizard of Oz or Letters to Santa, or those Phineas and Ferb ones.

Plus Mickey's Christmas Carol wasn't a a TV special, it was a theatrical short, first being shown before, I believe, the re-release of the Rescuers and was the first Mickey Mouse short film in over 30 years. So it's a part of Mickey Mouse film history, which is why that has gotten a few DVD releases over the years.
Current specials are treated like movies anyway, with the DVD release planned usually before the actual air date. They're more like telefilms that are destined for a release anyway. It's things that are much older they turn a blind eye to. It's obvious that the Music Video specials are lost forever. Totally Minnie... well, does anyone even want that is the question. I don't see any of those older ones, especially something promotional. If they released any of the Disney World based specials (like the anniversary ones), I'd agree that it sucks that it isn't out. But since none of them are, this isn't a specific Muppet Snub.

And yes. Mickey's Christmas Carol was theatrically released. But it reached more audiences as a Christmas special... but even then, it was padded with other things to make it a full hour long TV program.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Actually I got it from a VHS. I'll see if I can upload it in the next few days.
Well, you don't have to go through the trouble of uploading it, because there are already several ones on YT, but if you want to, go ahead :wink:.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Let me just say if Disney isn't even releasing TMS seasons 4 and 5 what makes you think their gonna release this? And considering how MMW flopped I doubt were gonna see anything from them for awhile. Mind you I said awhile not forever!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Let me just say if Disney isn't even releasing TMS seasons 4 and 5 what makes you think their gonna release this? And considering how MMW flopped I doubt were gonna see anything from them for awhile. Mind you I said awhile not forever!
Well, from the whole point of view of music copyright laws, I think this special would actually be easier for them to release. I'm pretty sure all the songs were original. But, make no mistake, there is MORE money to be made with the Muppet show DVD sets than they would ever make with this TV special.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Honestly this isn't a special that I would be rushing out to buy.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Honestly this isn't a special that I would be rushing out to buy.
I would pick it up, but that's cause I would pick up anything Muppets, which is why I have Muppets Wizard of Oz and Letters to Santa in my collection, though I wasn't a fan on those specials. Though, I wouldn't if the price was wrong.

But yeah, this is something that only the most hardcore/loyal of Muppet and/or Disney fans would buy. It honestly isn't hard at all to see why this doesn't have a DVD release.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I would much rather see AMFC get a DVD uncut release then the Disney World special.