The New Muppet Show Main Characters/Puppetters

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I was thinking about the new muppet show and who the main characters should be, and I was thinking each puppetter should have 2-4 main characters and it should be something like this:

Steve Whitmire:
Kermit
Rizzo
Bean
Beaker

Eric Jacobson:
Piggy
Fozzie
Animal
Sam the Eagle

Bill Baretta:
Rowlf
Pepe
Dr.Teeth

Dave Golez:
Gonzo
Zoot
Statler

Jerry Nelson:
Floyd
Mrs.Emily Bear
Bunsen
Robin
Waldorf

Brian Henson:
Scooter
Janice
Sal

Karen Prell:
Skeeter
Camilla

Kevin Clash:
Clifford
New Character

so I think those should be the main characters on the show,what does everyone think?

Stulz

Reaction score
Just so you know....

FYI:
Dave Golez performs Waldorf now and Jerry Nelson performs Statler.

However Steve Whimire's Statler is even better then Jerry's!
Steve performed Statler in both the Weezer Vid and AVMC! Sounds Just like Richard Hunt!

So your list should read:

Steve Whitmire:
Kermit
Rizzo
Bean
Beaker
Statler :boo:

Dave Goelz:
Gonzo
Zoot
Waldorf :sleep:

Jerry Nelson:
Floyd :sing:
Mrs.Emily Bear
Bunsen
Robin

WiGgY

Reaction score
FYI for you now. :-P

Jerry doesn't perfrom Bunsen. Dave perfroms Bunsen. Aslo, Bill doesn't do Dr. Teeth. Some guy named John Kennedy doe him I think. Also, Ecric doesn't do Sam Eagle, Kevin Clash does.

My list would go like this.

Stever doing:
Statler, Kermit, Rizzo, Beaker, Link

Dave:
Gonzo, Bunsen, Waldorf, Zoot

Eric:
Piggy, Fozzie, Animal

Jerry:
Dr. Strangepork, Floyd, Robin, Emily Bear, the Annoucer, and the multitude of great back ground characters he can do.

Kevin:
Clifford (Yes I said Clifford! :-P ), Sam Eagle, and Leon from JHH cause he's so cool.

Bill:
Pepe, Rowlf, Jonny, Bobo

Brian Henson:
Scooter, Sal, Dr. Phil, MAYBE Janice if he puts more work into it and gets it right.

That John Kennedy guy (I think):
Dr. Teeth

And now for my mistake so the next person who posts can say FYI.

Frank Oz:
Bean Bunny

;D

Luke

Reaction score
FYI now too - Kevin Clash is not Sam's performer, he just looped the voice for the movie, did not puppeteer - may be a one off as Frank wasn't available. AFAIK up until recently John Kennedy no longer does Dr Teeth and he's without an assigned regular performer.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
FYI for you now. :-P

Jerry doesn't perfrom Bunsen. Dave perfroms Bunsen. Aslo, Bill doesn't do Dr. Teeth. Some guy named John Kennedy doe him I think. Also, Ecric doesn't do Sam Eagle, Kevin Clash does.

My list would go like this.

Stever doing:
Statler, Kermit, Rizzo, Beaker, Link

Dave:
Gonzo, Bunsen, Waldorf, Zoot

Eric:
Piggy, Fozzie, Animal

Jerry:
Dr. Strangepork, Floyd, Robin, Emily Bear, the Annoucer, and the multitude of great back ground characters he can do.

Kevin:
Clifford (Yes I said Clifford! :-P ), Sam Eagle, and Leon from JHH cause he's so cool.

Bill:
Pepe, Rowlf, Jonny, Bobo

Brian Henson:
Scooter, Sal, Dr. Phil, MAYBE Janice if he puts more work into it and gets it right.

That John Kennedy guy (I think):
Dr. Teeth

And now for my mistake so the next person who posts can say FYI.

Frank Oz:
Bean Bunny

;D
I have to agree what Wiggy said except for a few things. If Frank comes back for the new show, he should stick with Piggy, Fozzie and Animal, since they are his characters. Bean Bunny still belongs with Steve. But if Frank isn't involved, I'd definately want Eric performing Piggy and Fozzie. Also, his Animal voice is a heck of a lot better than John Kennedy's. About Kevin, I thought his Sam voice was pretty good. That would work for the new show. Also, I would want to see Steve performing Statler, but unfortunately as far as I know, Jerry is still the regular performer of Statler. Steve just subbed for him on the Weezer videos. Well, that's all I'll say for now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
FYI now too - Kevin Clash is not Sam's performer, he just looped the voice for the movie, did not puppeteer - may be a one off as Frank wasn't available. AFAIK up until recently John Kennedy no longer does Dr Teeth and he's without an assigned regular performer.

1) If Dialog was looped, why didn't Eric perform Sam? I'd imagine he'd do a good job at it.

2) WHAT?!?!? So my fave character is going to be a background filler again?????

Now that we have a new Janice, we have no Dr. Teeth?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
I have to agree what Wiggy said except for a few things. If Frank comes back for the new show, he should stick with Piggy, Fozzie and Animal, since they are his characters. Bean Bunny still belongs with Steve. But if Frank isn't involved, I'd definately want Eric performing Piggy and Fozzie. Also, his Animal voice is a heck of a lot better than John Kennedy's. About Kevin, I thought his Sam voice was pretty good. That would work for the new show. Also, I would want to see Steve performing Statler, but unfortunately as far as I know, Jerry is still the regular performer of Statler. Steve just subbed for him on the Weezer videos. Well, that's all I'll say for now.
Um...Frank doing Bean bunny was a joke. :-P

BTW, I know Sam was only voiced by Kevin, but in the new show I would like to see Kevin do the puppet work and bring Cliffoed into the show.

Too bad John isn't listed as being Dr. Teeth's performer. I only heard him say one word in MFS. Oh well. Maybe Bill could take over Dr. Teeth, though his Rowlf wasn't that good in the Making of clip at the Weezer web site. Also, Bill should definatly perform the Sweidish Chef, I forgot that in my list. Bill does a perfect Chef.

Stulz

Reaction score
Sorry About Bunsen

Sorry, missed Bunsen being under Jerry's name..

Luckily you all caught it!!

PHeeeww

:wink:

kansasteen14

Reaction score
whoops sorry about the mistakes folks, I have been out of it for a while.I thought that Kevin performed Sam and someone did the dialouge but I guess it was the other way around,so I guess it should go like this:

Steve Whitmire:
Kermit
Rizzo
Bean
Beaker:eek:
Link
Statler

Eric jacobson:
Piggy
Fozzie
Animal:halo:

Bill Baretta:
Rowlf
Pepe
Dr.Teeth
Johnny
Bobo

Jerry:
Floyd
Emily Bear
Robin
Emily Bear
Dr.Strangepork

Dave Golez:
Gonzo:concern:
Bunsen
Zoot
Waldorf

Kevin:
Clifford
Sam:attitude:
Leon

Brian:
Scooter
Janice
Dr.Phil
Sal

Karen Prell:
Skeeter
Camilla
Annie Sue

those are the main characters basically

WiGgY

Reaction score
Um...well...you see...Jerry did Camilla not Karen...*runs away*

Edit: BTW, is it just me or are there a few performers that do character who sound so different you would never know they were done by the same guy?

I mean, Steve can do Kermit, Rizzo, and a fantastic Statler and none of them sound alike. Bill can do Pepe, Bobo, Jonny, and the Chef and none of them sound alike. Jerry can do Floyd, the annoucer, and Strangepork and they don't sound at all alike. I mean, that's voice talent.