Do you feel Welcome at Muppet Central?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Good question! The answer however is a bit of a challenge, but I think to sum it up in the simplest way would be all the above.

The People: I would think it would be a given that people would come and go. I personally feel that even though people come and go the atmosphere of fun should still be able to stay the same.

The Threads: Over the past 10 years there have been some wonderful threads on this forum. Some Happy some informative, some sad, and some down right silly and they where all a great thing to be a part of. Sure we could go through and bump some of the old threads up, but the fun would almost seem forced. We need new threads with new ideas, and in a way spark a new energy into the forums.

The Respect: This is one that I have been very passionate, and at the same time very frustrated with. Websites like Toghpigs The Muppetcast, and the Muppet Mindset have grown to huge heights with daily updates, stories, and interviews that Muppet Central has become the black sheep of the Muppet fan community. Which is sad since in it's glory days this site was the only one that was keeping up with updates and so fourth.

All of these things with the exception of the people could be a simple change. It would just take a little bit of TLC.
Well, MC was the muppet news feed, but that was a long time ago. I think more or less, the forum and the radio station is what MC is most known for nowadays. TP and MMS are really the only muppet news site along with newbie, muppethenson that still bring muppet news, everything else is never updated. I don't think the threads aren't that bad idea-wise, in fact your thread "Is Gonzo Being Phased Out" was the reason I finally decided to make an account on here, but good explanation.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I just think that the flavor here changes from time to time. We did silly in a very specific way that people still miss. There's a new tone of silly these days, and that's just fine too in my opinion. If you think about it, everyone has a favorite generation of a tv-series or fav era of their lives that they compare everything else too. Its a bit like that.

Just be yourself. That's my strongest suggestion for everyone. Be yourself, be consistent, enjoy everything you are posting yourself and others will enjoy it too.

I mean, the Golden Girl's War and 1000 Post Club Invasion was all before anyone's time!

Bridget

Reaction score
To be completely honest, when I first joined Muppet Central, I actually felt extremely warmed and welcome. It was so sweet how the other users welcomed me, and even sent me PMs with a bit of forum posting advice. Nobody judged me for any reason, and I immediately felt how there was absolutely no judging and only smiling faces. Every once in a while perhaps there may be a small issue, but of course that is normal when you are on any online forum. I think that Muppet Central is a wonderful place. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I think that this thread has both been a good thing, and yet I feel like nothing has really changed. Sure it may have gotten the issue out in the open, but I think there needs to be some change as the forum grow. Now I know things will not change over night, but any step in the right direction at this point would be an improvement.
Maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm expecting to much out of the forum or even this issue.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
Well I think that this thread has both been a good thing, and yet I feel like nothing has really changed. Sure it may have gotten the issue out in the open, but I think there needs to be some change as the forum grow. Now I know things will not change over night, but any step in the right direction at this point would be an improvement.
Maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm expecting to much out of the forum or even this issue.
its not just you

Katzi428

Reaction score
Sometimes yes.. and sometimes no. I still have some good friends that post here (they know who they are.) But others have left & are doing their own thing. I've been here since the beginning (yeah...I know...I'm old. :rolleyes: ) And I've tapered down on posting because of personal situations
Beau...you hit the nail on the head when you said we did things in a silly way that people still miss. But I guess you can't go home again, right?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I feel glad, because I think I made a new member today, by giving them information about MC, and getting to know them.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Unfortunately unless the staff decide to respond to this thread or step in and start making changes your probably just gonna end up running around in circles. There have been several issues that have been brought to their attention and nothing was done. Phillip is really the only one who can make the said changes.