Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd rather be chained down to watch Planes and its sequel than 5 more minutes of that. At least Planes 1 had certain actors from Top Gun basically reprising their characters. This one just has weird Transformer thingies and farting planes.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I'd rather be chained down to watch Planes and its sequel than 5 more minutes of that. At least Planes 1 had certain actors from Top Gun basically reprising their characters. This one just has weird Transformer thingies and farting planes.
I didn't see any of the Planes movies, but they didn't really look too good to me.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Whaaaaa? I watched the trailers for this and the first one, and...wow. Both featured machine farts. Classy. I could say more, but I think the plane farts speak for themselves.

I wonder why the designs changed so completely between the two movies. In the first one they look like desperate Pixar ripoffs, and in the second they look clunky and ugly, like poorly designed cartoon Transformers. My guess is that some attorneys got involved.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Upon further inspection, this is actually worse than it appears. This movie is actually different from, and probably not even connected to the first "Wings." It looks to be a completely different ripoff that Lionsgate dubbed and re-purposed to be a sequel. I'm surprised I didn't catch it sooner, since the designs are completely different, and I'm pretty sure Rob Schneider played a farting squirrel in the last one, not a farting Orbot look a like. Then again, my mind must've blocked out the last Wings film as a defensive mechanism.

Whaaaaa? I watched the trailers for this and the first one, and...wow. Both featured machine farts. Classy. I could say more, but I think the plane farts speak for themselves.
I wouldn't even mind a fart if it was subtle and clever. or at least not in your face, like it is here. It seems like such a juvenile add on because the whatever foreign market this turd comes from doesn't get humor.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Ahhh, it would make sense if they weren't actually connected. Kind of how Troll 2 has nothing to do with Troll, and in fact has nothing to do with trolls.

Lame-ola.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems the first one was a Russian film, this one's supposedly done in the US. Unless they're covering up what country it's really from, they're essentially making an unrelated movie into a crappy DTV cheapquel of a crappy DTV knockoff from a foreign country.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not really a movie that should be hated on... You guys probably know about Adam Sandler's Pixels... Some may see it as a knock-off copycat in the wake of Wreck-It Ralph. But if you take the time to read the synopsis, those of us who have steel-grade memory traps might recognize it and say, "Hey! They're making a movie based on that segment from Futurama's Tales of Interest!" Specifically, the one where Fry gets called by President Nixon to defend Earth from invading aliens where the invaders are copying 80's arcade games attack patterns for their supposed planetary conquest. So yeah. :laugh:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Wikipedia page. How did Peter Dinklage get wrapped into this?

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Oh, that sounds ok. But, that isn't very original, for they copied Futurama b l blatantly. It isn't original, so it is probably going to be a failure, and MAYBE it will succeed on Adam Sandler alone.