What Muppet Fans Are Thinking About

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Lately I've been thinking about how Follow That Bird doesn't have any big production numbers by the cast on the street. I feel there should have been one at the beginning or end (All Together Now seems like it would have been great if sung by the cast, as opposed to being sung by Alabama on the soundtrack and briefly heard on Gordon's radio in one scene).

I also feel like maybe the next Muppet movie should focus on the return of a character who hadn't been used in a long time, maybe an obscure character wanting his chance. Though maybe that would be a bit too gimmicky. But then again, considering Rizzo's small roles in the last two movies, his line in Muppets Most Wanted, and the special feature with Rizzo on the upcoming MMW blu-ray, maybe Rizzo should get his own feature film, even if it's just direct-to-video.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Lately I've been thinking about how Follow That Bird doesn't have any big production numbers by the cast on the street. I feel there should have been one at the beginning or end (All Together Now seems like it would have been great if sung by the cast, as opposed to being sung by Alabama on the soundtrack and briefly heard on Gordon's radio in one scene).

I also feel like maybe the next Muppet movie should focus on the return of a character who hadn't been used in a long time, maybe an obscure character wanting his chance. Though maybe that would be a bit too gimmicky. But then again, considering Rizzo's small roles in the last two movies, his line in Muppets Most Wanted, and the special feature with Rizzo on the upcoming MMW blu-ray, maybe Rizzo should get his own feature film, even if it's just direct-to-video.
I've been thinking that the next muppet film, if ever made, should do something out of the ordinary, something unheard of in the muppet franchise. Here's a plot I've concocted.

SYNOPSIS: The muppet gang is back in "Muppet Spies:Survival of the Fittest". The muppets are working as secrect agents/spies for the FBI. They are given a secret mission to catch a villian who has captured their best agent and held him hostage (the agent is Pierce Bronsan) AS WELL AS bombed several of their headquarters. The muppets are given a special plane/helicopter to use and capture the crook, but they find that they are unable to catch the crook after going to several areas and finding no one. Then their plane is struck by lightning, and it crashes in the middle of nowhere in several different areas including a desert, an ANTARTICA-LIKE SETTING, AND SOME OTHER ONES, seperating the muppets into several different groups. 1. Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo 2. Miss Piggy and Annie Sue 3. Animal, The Swedish Chef, and Beaker 4. The Electric Mayhem, Rizzo, and Pepe. The muppets have to survive in these groups, try to find each other, and stop the villian. In the end, they find out the FBI was leading them on a wild goose chase in a plan to seperate and get rid of them, the FBI directors (played by Daniel Craig and Sandra Bullock) both hated the muppets, because they were such big stars, and they could never become rich and famous. In the climax, the muppets break in and reak havoc on the FBI headquarters which ends with Crazy Harry using his plunger box and making several large explosions. The film ends with the muppets all reunitning, and agreeing that they're not cut out for government work and end up opening a resteraunt (this part is meant as a gag), then the credits roll.

Overal Summary: Muppets are spies, sent on wild goose chase, plane crashes, the muppets have to survive all alone in different places, learn the truth, reak havoc on FBI headquarters, THE END

I think I TOOK that TOO far.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
SYNOPSIS: The muppet gang is back in "Muppet Spies:Survival of the Fittest". The muppets are working as secrect agents/spies for the FBI. They are given a secret mission to catch a villian who has captured their best agent and held him hostage (the agent is Pierce Bronsan) AS WELL AS bombed several of their headquarters.
The Muppets have to rescue a spy played by Pierce Brosnan, one of the James Bond actors? Sounds similar to how Looney Tunes: Back in Action had them rescuing a spy played by Timothy Dalton, who had also played James Bond. Not a bad idea, though.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The Muppets have to rescue a spy played by Pierce Brosnan, one of the James Bond actors? Sounds similar to how Looney Tunes: Back in Action had them rescuing a spy played by Timothy Dalton, who had also played James Bond. Not a bad idea, though.
Thanks :smile:. Never seen the looney tunes film, though I haven't heard a lot of postive reviews for it. I just picked Pierce, because he played James Bond at some point, and I have little knowledge of actors.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A year ago somebody purchased on ebay an official guide book on the terms for Disney's deal with buying the Muppets and did a couple blog posts scanning various images from that book (I think there's still a lot not posted as well). That is on my mind a lot (and I posted a lot of the stuff regarding that that's on my mind in a thread about what Disney owns), but one thing in particular is a page on registered copyrights tranferring from Henson to Disney in 2004.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A year ago somebody purchased on ebay an official guide book on the terms for Disney's deal with buying the Muppets and did a couple blog posts scanning various images from that book (I think there's still a lot not posted as well). That is on my mind a lot (and I posted a lot of the stuff regarding that that's on my mind in a thread about what Disney owns), but one thing in particular is a page on registered copyrights tranferring from Henson to Disney in 2004.
I suddenly had to stop writing before I was ready to. One thing I noticed about the registered copyrights, regarding characters, is that very few if any characters made from whatnots were listed (I don't think it even lists whatnot types/patterns). As far as I recall, it doesn't list Wayne, Wanda, Marvin Suggs, Trumpet Girl, or any of the Gogalalla Jubilee Jugband (then again, though not made from Whatnots, it only lists a few members of Lubbock Lou and His Jughuggers - whether by the names given in Jim Henson'c concept sketch for the band or by the names that were mentions on-screen. The list also didn't list any of Geri and the Attrics). I think Lew Zealand, who started out as a Whatnot but whose Whatnot pattern was then made into a permanent character, was listed. Another case in point is that the Zuccinni Bros. were listed under copyrights for The Muppet Show on Tour. Those characters are whatnots, but the walk-around versions wouldn't have been (speaking of that, I've sometimes wondered if they ever considered making full-bodied walk-around Whatnot/Anything Muppets).

It makes me wonder about all registered copyrights for the Sesame Street characters. Makes me wonder if the many recurring characters made from Anything Muppets are listed.

Edit to add: I was just looking at what I'm referring to, and it does list Marvin Suggs, Wayne, and Wanda under the various copyrights. It also lists Chorus Girls, who are whatnots.

Last edited:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Rizzo: The Movie! Featuring America's Favorite Rat!
That wouldn't work, because if anyone BUT Kermit is the host/main character, critics start hitting that production with a baseball bat, yet they still go apes for MCC.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That wouldn't work, because if anyone BUT Kermit is the host/main character, critics start hitting that production with a baseball bat, yet they still go apes for MCC.
They would if it was a TV series, but if it were a movie it probably wouldn't be such a big deal. Did the fans make a big deal out of the fact that Miss Piggy headlined two TV specials, or that the Play-Along Videos had volumes hosted by Fozzie and Rowlf (actually Kermit didn't really host/star in any of those videos), or that some of the compilation videos weren't hosted by Kermit? Then again, all those were made years before the internet, so it's hard to really know.

My idea was for there to be movies where a character other than Kermit was the main focus. Maybe just have them be direct-to-video or TV.