Pre-Order "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray available August 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Again, it was really stupid for Disney to market the S&W cut, and have it be basically nothing. I'll admit that having them comment throughout the ENTIRE film would easily get boring. Again, having it as a bonus feature entitled "Statler and Waldorf's Movie Review", would've been satisfying, because it wouldn't make people think of it as a commentary. Really, I think there's no point of buying MMW on Blu-Ray now. I think buying the DVD would be cheaper and better. Why, here are the reasons.

1. Rizzo's Biggest Fan has mostly been leaked.
  2. The blooper reel has been entirely leaked.
  3. The S&W cut is next to nothing.
  4. The music video is on the DVD and has been leaked for months.
  5. Who cares about Frog-E-Oke.
While the extended stuff does somewhat seal the deal, most of it will make its way on Youtube in a matter of days, and it adds no major plot points. This is just my opinion, this is not for anyone to cancel their pre-orders or something, most of us will buy the Blu-Ray to get the juicy extended scenes and to complete their muppet movie blu-ray collection. I don't know, I mean with The Muppets (2011) we had so much on the Blu-Ray compared to the DVD.

BLU-RAY
  1. Audio Commentary
  2. Blooper Reel
  3. Deleted Scenes
  4. Spoof Trailers
  5. A Little Screen Test
  6. Scratching the Surface
  7. Easter Eggs
  8. Full Tex Richman Song

DVD
  1. Blooper Reel
By paying like $10 more, but at the moment by paying $0.87 more you get 9X what you get on DVD. Now that's a reason to buy a Blu-Ray, now let's compare MMW's DVD to the Blu-Ray.

Blu-Ray

• Extended Cut
  1. Statler and Waldorf Cut (2 minutes long full of nothing)
  2. Rizzo's Biggest Fan (HALF-LEAKED)
  3. Blooper Reel (LEAKED)
  4. Music Video (LEAKED)
DVD

• Music Video
In reality, you hardly get anything more, because most of the stuff already is LEAKED.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Then don't buy it but don't discourage other people who are looking forward to it. I did not read the bluray review simply because I wanna be surprised when I watch it. Although with TM's DVD you need to remember that movie was more of a hit money wise in theaters over MMW. Maybe Disney isn't expecting much sales from the bluray release either. I don't know.

I personally am nothing but excited for the extended version. I am hoping the wedding scene is a bit extended as I know there was stuff in previews that didn't make it in the theater release.

On another note I saw this today on Facebook. It's nice to see Disney starting to promote the release.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Again, it was really stupid for Disney to market the S&W cut, and have it be basically nothing. I'll admit that having them comment throughout the ENTIRE film would easily get boring. Again, having it as a bonus feature entitled "Statler and Waldorf's Movie Review", would've been satisfying, because it wouldn't make people think of it as a commentary. Really, I think there's no point of buying MMW on Blu-Ray now. I think buying the DVD would be cheaper and better. Why, here are the reasons.

1. Rizzo's Biggest Fan has mostly been leaked.
  2. The blooper reel has been entirely leaked.
  3. The S&W cut is next to nothing.
  4. The music video is on the DVD and has been leaked for months.
  5. Who cares about Frog-E-Oke.
While the extended stuff does somewhat seal the deal, most of it will make its way on Youtube in a matter of days, and it adds no major plot points. This is just my opinion, this is not for anyone to cancel their pre-orders or something, most of us will buy the Blu-Ray to get the juicy extended scenes and to complete their muppet movie blu-ray collection. I don't know, I mean with The Muppets (2011) we had so much on the Blu-Ray compared to the DVD.

BLU-RAY
  1. Audio Commentary
  2. Blooper Reel
  3. Deleted Scenes
  4. Spoof Trailers
  5. A Little Screen Test
  6. Scratching the Surface
  7. Easter Eggs
  8. Full Tex Richman Song

DVD
  1. Blooper Reel
By paying like $10 more, but at the moment by paying $0.87 more you get 9X what you get on DVD. Now that's a reason to buy a Blu-Ray, now let's compare MMW's DVD to the Blu-Ray.

Blu-Ray

• Extended Cut
  1. Statler and Waldorf Cut (2 minutes long full of nothing)
  2. Rizzo's Biggest Fan (HALF-LEAKED)
  3. Blooper Reel (LEAKED)
  4. Music Video (LEAKED)
DVD

• Music Video
In reality, you hardly get anything more, because most of the stuff already is LEAKED.
You say that as if it's Disney who leaked the material. The music video really doesn't count, since that was released to tie-in with the soundtrack. The "Biggest Fan" clip was a promo for the DVD and the full blooper reel some was YouTube user.

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Now you gave me a problem :big_grin:
Should I buy the Extended edition without subtitles or the original version with subtitles. The rest of the extra´s are the same but the European edition doesn´t have the W&S Cut and the Extended Cut. I'm ok with seeing the movie with English subtitles but with Dutch subtitles is easier. :embarrassed:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Now you gave me a problem :big_grin:
Should I buy the Extended edition without subtitles or the original version with subtitles. The rest of the extra´s are the same but the European edition doesn´t have the W&S Cut and the Extended Cut. I'm ok with seeing the movie with English subtitles but with Dutch subtitles is easier. :embarrassed:
The extended stuff will make its way on Youtube easily, and the S&W cut is really nothing special, so I suggest you buy the subtitled version, but that's just my opinion.

jrxing

Reaction score
really disappointed that no one has any goodies wwith the pre-order like last time. I really enjoyed them,really wish Disney would've had lithographs

Status
Not open for further replies.