The New Muppet Show Main Characters/Puppetters

WiGgY

Reaction score
Pepe is funny, but is being over done. Though, in that movie, the EM did have a whole scene that got cut. No one knows exactly who got what amount of speaking time though. It could have been all Floyd, Brian's Janice, Zoot and Animal with no Dr. Teeth at all.

If a new show happens, then I would guarentte that the EM are the band. So, at the very least we'll hear a song or two every once in awhile.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
If a new show happens, then I would guarentte that the EM are the band. So, at the very least we'll hear a song or two every once in awhile.
well see that's the probem because it's "every once in a while." i truly believe if the new muppet show will come out, the writers won't pay any respect to the electric mayhem. we'll see them in the back ground and they may say a few words every now and then, but since there are new characters created for the show, i don't know if the electirc mayhem will be used like they were back in the muppet show and in the 80's.

ryan

Erine81981

Reaction score
Now what I've heard is that they'll be bring back old characters from the muppet show. So i think that they'll end up bring back Dr. Teeth and mayham gang. Now I've heard that. So please don't just say nah they won't because they proubly will. :big_grin:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i didn't say they won't bring the electric mayhem, i said they probably won't use them that much. not bringing them back and having them on the show but not using them are two totally different issues.

ryan

WiGgY

Reaction score
They'll probably be used as much as they were on the Muppet Show. They were used a lot, but they didn't sing every song they played in. So, you'll probably see them playing in the back and doing stuff back stage, and every so often play a song of their own. Why else would Brian even bother taking on Janice or why would we even have seen Dr. Teeth in the x-mas special at all?

If they cut down on Pepe, which they should, then the void should be filled with Rowlf, the EM and more Fozzie and Kermit stuff. The x-mas movie is almost a perfect balance, except for Pepe. Also, there shouldn't be as many human scene in the new show as there were on MT. I downloaded the prince episode, and there was so much prince it was rediculous. it's Muppet Tonight and the Muppet Show, not Bad Human Actor Theater.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Erine81981
Now what I've heard is that they'll be bring back old characters from the muppet show.
Obviously you've seen from the Xmas movie that they want to bring some old characters back, but i highly doubt they will do much in the way of songs/music. The variety format isn't anywhere near as popular nowdays as it was in the 70's - it'll be more skits and guests. You might get the odd song occasionally but certainly nothing like the Muppet Show - the new show is supposed to be exciting and edgy. I don't quite think the Fox network want the fluffy wuffy Muppets singing happy songs !

:embarrassed:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
Pepe is funny, but is being over done.
You judge this by the fact that he's only been in two movies and a short-lived TV commercial?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
the two movies have pepe just grabbing for much screen time as he possibly can. again it's the writers that write pepe a lot into the movies. by not having more of the electric mayhem, rowlf, or some of the classic characters shown more and having pepe to take their places, then yes, he is used to much. i would like to see less pepe and more rowlf from bill, but like i said it's the writers who decided on who's going to have a lot of lines.

ryan

Reaction score
Personally, I'm a huge EM fan. Dr. Teeth is my favorite muppet, followed by Scooter and Rowlf. However, I don't think Pepe is being overused.
I had a big party the day AVMMCM debuted. I showed the first three muppet movies, and then everyone settled down to watch the main event. These people were my friends, but they weren't huge muppet fans.
The new movie came on, and everyone loved it. But what they loved most of all was Pepe. They laughed at the dancing brick, they laughed at Fozzie trying to get the money in, they laughed at the Windows. But most of all, they laughed at Pepe. And so did I.
The writers are going with what works, and right now, Pepe seems to be working.