Most Unlikable Protagonists

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I think the villain's first name is actually "Percival." I've been watching that film since before I was learning to spell my name. :smile:

I also didn't think the kid in the Rescuers sequel was all that overly cutesy, personally. I never saw the first Rescuers, so I can't speak to that.
You're right, and I liked Cody personally too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
From a video gaming standpoint... any main character in a frustratingly programmed game where he only gets the fewest of hit points and poor control against giant ol' mutant thingies with the most of hit points. Man, I hated bad games like that. Why would you send the weakest person you can, logically?

And, while I overall love the heck out of Huckleberry Hound... well... anyone ever see the Boomerang/old time Cartoon Network short "Sound Off?" The one where he constantly harasses city dwellers for daring to make noise? The one where he breaks into someone's car and snaps their necks because that's somehow related to them listening to music on the radio? Seriously... Huckleberry Hound snapping necks. You ruined Huckleberry Hound for me, student animator who doesn't get the character at all and inserted him into a lame student film.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
One of the worst characters would have to be Iggy from Hey Arnold. After watching Arnold Betrays Iggy, I absolutely hated Iggy and what's worse is Sid and Stinky were getting in on the whole bunny pajamas thing with Arnold. And Grandpa Phil even delights in doing nothing to help Arnold too? What kind of grandfather are you to just stand by when your grandson is being laughed at, Grandpa Phil? You will all be glad to know that Arnold and Iggy were no longer friends a couple months after that episode aired. The nerve of that little weasel....

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the movie Bebe's Kids? Robin and the three kids were pretty unlikable characters. Heck I would say Robin was even worse and more unlikable than the three misbehave kids. And yes I'm aware it's based off the stand up of the late Robin Harris.

Jubilee from the 90s X-Men cartoons, there were just times were she was just so dang annoying and she was almost always getting into trouble. I don't exactly hate her or nothing, but she was able to big time get on my nervous.

The Cat in the Hat from the live action film. Don't get me wrong, I love the original story of the Cat in the Hat. But man do I HATE what Hollywood is doing to classic Suess and this one is without question the biggest offender.

The Garbage Pail kids from the Garbage Pail Kids movie. For anyone unlucky enough to have seen this eye sore of a movie, I don't need to further explain, I'm sure.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the movie Bebe's Kids? Robin and the three kids were pretty unlikable characters. Heck I would say Robin was even worse and more unlikable than the three misbehave kids. And yes I'm aware it's based off the stand up of the late Robin Harris.

Jubilee from the 90s X-Men cartoons, there were just times were she was just so dang annoying and she was almost always getting into trouble. I don't exactly hate her or nothing, but she was able to big time get on my nervous.

The Cat in the Hat from the live action film. Don't get me wrong, I love the original story of the Cat in the Hat. But man do I HATE what Hollywood is doing to classic Suess and this one is without question the biggest offender.

The Garbage Pail kids from the Garbage Pail Kids movie. For anyone unlucky enough to have seen this eye sore of a movie, I don't need to further explain, I'm sure.
I've seen the Nostalgia Critic reviews for some of them. I haven't gotten to see Bebe's Kids yet, but I know exactly what you're talking about.....

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I really did not like Owen Wilson's character in the Shanghai movies. I could tolerate him in Noon but in Knights I just kept wanting to smack this guy or secretly hoping Jackie Chan would do that.

On the subject of Venus, she had a whole lot of potential, especially for the female TMNT fans. But man oh man did they mess that up. So badly in fact that Laird and Eastman vowed to never make a female turtle in any incarnation again, which is pretty sad the more I think about it. I've seen plenty of fan versions that are more well rounded and likeable than the one on the show (I'm not being sarcastic, I really mean that).

Drtooth

Reaction score

The Garbage Pail Kids from the Cartoon aren't so hot either... and for strangely different reasons. GPK should stay as collector's stickers. And now IDW is planning to do comics... yeah.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Even though he's not so much unlikable as he is annoying, my vote goes to Kronk. I mean yes his stupidity is only for effect, but why can't Yzma just hire a smart henchman to actually get stuff done?

Eyeball

Reaction score
Not really a main protagonist but I have to mention mr potato head in toy story 1, he was just so unreasonable and he and the rest of Andy's toys just ganged up on woody without even hearing what he had to say. I also have to motion phoebe from friends, the first couple of seasons she was just a weird hippy esque crazy person, but after she had the triplets she was just down right rude to people (Ross especially) it seemed like she wasn't even a friend of theirs anymore.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even though he's not so much unlikable as he is annoying, my vote goes to Kronk. I mean yes his stupidity is only for effect, but why can't Yzma just hire a smart henchman to actually get stuff done?
Villains hire stupid henchmen because smart henchmen tend to try to usurp them. Look at Starscream. While not particularly bright, he tends to have a lot more foresight than Megatron, and doesn't let him forget it. Starscream actually revels in Megatron's failures and calls him out on it. Not to mention how the smart henchmen of Skelletor are constantly planning to get rid of him behind his back. Bungling henchmen may screw up, but when they screw up a plot that was bound to fail, at least the main villain can come out and blame everyone else for his imbecilic schemes.

Plus, it's totally implied that Yzma employs hot young men for obvious reasons. Remember the line "This year's model is named Kronk." Implies that there were many other young, brawny men before him.