Remembering Jim Henson, 24 years after May 16, 1990

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah I've used it in memorial videos for Jim. It's a great photo and definitely a favorite of mine.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
One of the hardest lessons I've had to learn from Jim's death was.... Life Goes On.

The day I heard the news, I thought Sesame Street was finished. 20 seasons was a good run, but how could it continue? There could never be another Muppet project.
Muppets would be one of those things you'd read about in the history books. Or now your generation would be wikigoogling to death.

Man, was I ever wrong. Sesame has been on the air longer without Jim than with him.

The nicest image was summed up at the end of Brian Jay Jones' biography. Jim was a dandelion, and we were all seeds clinging to the stem. Then the wind blew and the seeds were scattered far and wide. But wherever a seed landed, hopefully it took root and sprouted and bloomed. And now there's a colorful garden, instead of a barren desert. Keeping a garden like that is the nicest tribute we could ever give Jim.

I wish for all you Jim-seeds to blossom. He'd like that.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I wasnt alive when Jim was but I am so glad he left his mark on the world. He said he wanted to leave the world a better place while he was in it Yes Jim you did make the world a better place! Thank you Jim......

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
It makes me sad to be young enough that my life and Jim Henson's couldn't interact at any point. I so wish I could've sent him letters and believed in a response. That's okay, when I pray I pray to him :smile: