What do the Muppets mean to you?

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
I didn't grow up with the muppets Bc I wasn't born then.But I saw all films,the 1,2,3 season and I have the muppets on my bed!I am a very big fan of them and I have all DVDs❤❤❤

:eek: :flirt: :confused: :mad: :wink:

Animal'sBunny

Reaction score
As a '90s baby, I was born after Muppet Show ended, but I did grow up with Sesame Street. I loved that show and watched religiously as a little kid. I think it was a pretty important part of my childhood. Sesame Street's supposed to be an educational show and I always looked forward to the Count, counting to the number of the day at his organ (remember when...) and Cookie Monster announcing the letter of the day with his cookies (back in the good ol' days...) and Bert and Ernie looking for Rubber Duckie (which was less educational, but I knew all the words to the song).
(And Telly and Baby Bear and Big Bird were also very important to me. My little sister doesn't know who Telly and Baby Bear are and Big Bird isn't on as much [at all?])
And then when I was around 9, we got season 1 of the Muppet Show on DVD and I fell in love. We now have seasons 2 and 3 as well.
And now that I'm older, The Muppet Show something I still like to watch because it's a different type of humour from a lot of other stuff nowadays, while still being funny and it's a nice break.
It's something that makes me laugh and I think that's why it means a lot to me.

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
Also in the summer my best and closest friend moved and left for college and I was so depressed and couldn't stop crying ever since our goodbyes i wasnt in a good state of mind tbh i had thought 'maybe i should seriously be in the hospital' one day I was trying to find something to take my mind off that topic so I went and youtubed some muppet episodes and specials seeing a very happy muppets so being positive about life made me smile again and I was feeling a lot better and seeing more positive in my best friend going away for a bit than negativity. Like they always said 'I've got everything that I need right in front of me nothing's stopping nothing that I can see' that line from that song has always kept my spirits up because its true i cant let one bad thing cause me to feel upset and bad the rest of my life and at the end of the summer I joined mc and met some other friends on here that I can talk to and whenever I get upset and feel like I have no one I turn to them and the muppets. I'm happy to say because you all and the muppets I'm okay :smile:
Stay amazing my friend
:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't know if it's been brought up in this thread, but The Muppet Mindset has recently started a new series of articles called "What the Muppets Mean to Me". They haven't done it for two weeks though.

I actually don't know how to answer the question of what the Muppets mean to me.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Hmm what do The Muppets mean to me?:fanatic:

I think to me, the Muppet Show characters are those who we can relate to. Each character has their own unique personality and character trait.

Like what @JimAndFrank said, Fozzie isn't the best at being a comedian, yet he has such a big heart that tells him to never give up.:embarrassed: Piggy can be such a diva at times, but she'll do anything she could to protect her frog.:mad: Gonzo is...well, weird, but there is something about him that makes him so wonderful and unique.:concern: Kermit, the humble frog and host he is, is someone anyone can depend on.:smile:

All these traits conclude to show the fact that we could all relate to these loveable characters, big and/or small.:fanatic:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know if it's been brought up in this thread, but The Muppet Mindset has recently started a new series of articles called "What the Muppets Mean to Me". They haven't done it for two weeks though.

I actually don't know how to answer the question of what the Muppets mean to me.
I saw that and wondered if they got the idea from this thread! I think we could send in all of these wonderful stories of what the Muppets mean to people, because some of them are very touching.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The Muppets and Jim Henson are VERY important to me. The first TV show I watched was Sesame Street. I watched it from when I was 6-months-old to when I was 3 and a half. I liked all the characters but Elmo was my absolute favorite. I have a feeling that Elmo is the reason my favorite color is red. Then when I was two, I saw Muppets from Space at my Aunt's house which opened up a whole new world for me. I would watch Muppet Treasure Island three times a day for about a month. Mom says that I would do my impression of a Teletubby and shout "Again, again. Again, AGAIN!" when I wanted to watch the movie. My first toy (that I remember) was a Tickle-Me-Elmo that I would play with all day. My Grandma told me she got SO tired of hearing Elmo over and over again. One day, my Grandma knew that I was a Muppet fan so she got me some Fraggle Rock books. There was this one book called "What's a Fraggle?" that I loved so much, I ended up tearing it to pieces. But don't worry, we eventually got another copy. My first Halloween costume was Ernie. I also watched Bear in the Big Blue House but not as much as Sesame Street. When I was 3, I saw the Julie Andrews episode of The Muppet Show and became the biggest Muppet fan in my neighborhood. Me and my mom went on Muppet Central and Kermitage all the time. It got to the point where I read Kermitage so much that I could name every background Muppet who appeared at least once. I stopped liking Muppets for a while when I was 5 because the Alice Cooper episode scared me. But then when I was in 1st Grade, I became a HUGE Muppet fan all over again. My mom worked at the library at the time and the librarian asked if she knows somebody with a collection she could put on display. Mom told her about my Muppet collection and we put all of my Muppet stuff on display at the local library. We even have a picture of me sitting in front of it smiling REALLY big. I was 6-years-old when Disney bought The Muppets. At first, I was a little bit weirded out by the fact that The Muppets are no longer Henson. But I later got used to it. Also on my 6th birthday I watched The Wubbolous World of Dr. Seuss for the first time. I REALLY liked the combination of Jim Henson and Dr. Seuss, it was SUPER cool! Fast forward to middle school, I was still just as Muppet obsessed as I was in Elementary School. When I was in 7th Grade, me, my mom, and my dad went to see The Muppets at the theater. It was REALLY cool to see a Muppet movie at the theater. Now I'm in high school and am still a VERY big Henson fan. In the last few years, I saw both The Dark Crystal and Labyrinth which made me love Henson even more. I even drove all the way to Comic-Con just to get a picture with Gigi Edgley from Farscape. Anyways, Jim Henson is a HUGE part of my life and he always will be.

-Zed Buckmaster.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I'm not as big a fan of the Muppets compared to a lot of others on this site, and I'm more of a Thomas the Tank Engine fan than anything else, but I do love the Muppets for the hilarity and all. Also, they do make me a bit nostalgic, so that's an added bonus. :smile:

JT Yorke

Reaction score
I dont have a lot of friends in reallife, and im kinda scared to talk in reallife. But the muppets are always there when you need theim. To make you smile and crack a joke with. They dont care who you are or what you do they just make you smile. I did discover the muppets about a year ago. I knew they did excist but never saw anything of theim.

I saw an advertisement about a new Muppetshow and i thought yea why not watch the first episode i might enjoy it. And i really loved it. So after the weeks passed by and my love kept growing i start digging. Who made the muppets? What did they do before this show? And i watched al these movies and the muppet show/muppets tonight and even documentaries about the muppets/sesamestreet and the puppeteers. I even bought all 8 of the theatrical movies. Its all so great and brilliant. Thank you Jim Henson.

And i'm really glad i did discover this forum. Like i said before i dont really have a lot of friends so i dont have anyone to share my love for the muppets with. So thank you all for reading this.