"Disney Drive On" possible new web series?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I hope this "web series" isn't full of corporate synergy from Disney, but from the looks of the sneak peek I doubt it, which is AWESOME!!!! :fanatic:

galagr

Reaction score
MMW's box office was not that bad!
Oy, let's not start that debate again...

I wonder if Kermit's reaction before he corrects Walter about his plans was a reference to how the film did.
Yeah, I was wondering that myself. The grimace/scrunch on his face almost says "Yeah, I wish", or "If only". Perhaps it was to say that he didn't want to go on the date with Miss Piggy?

I've been thinking about this production as a whole today, and, of course, I'm excited. I know a few fans may detest the use of Walter as the main character, but, if they play their cards right, I think this show can do loads for him as far as character development goes.

As of late, fans have started to have a mixed reaction towards Walter, mainly his role in MMW. They've been saying things like "Scooter could've filled in his part just fine" or "Was there really any purpose to his appearance?". Now, I don't necessarily disagree to these things. But, Walter is in the beginning stages of becoming a character. I think the writers are still trying to figure exactly who he is as a character. Sure, he's a muppet fan. Sure, he's nice. Sure, he can whistle.

But, that's just about all we know about him so far. I hate it when one of the few words you can use to describe a character is "nice". That's one of the most generic words you can use. I think (and really hope) that this web series can do good things for him. Give him all kinds of traits and quirks, really make him a part of the Muppet family. Then, I hope, he'll be less Scooter-like, and become his own character. Then, they can start downplaying his roles because they've developed him as a character. Win-win situation, really.

As for fans who detest Pepe...sorry. Really nothing I can do for ya.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
According to ToughPigs:

This is a six-part series to be released, starting tomorrow, via the DisneyMoviesEverywhere app.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Suddenly I wonder: Is it really called "Disney Drive On", or just "Drive On", with the Disney logo over it, like how many recent Disney productions have "Disney" (instead of "Disney's") over the titles.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek::eek:Wait, is this show only availiable on an APP. Oh no, I won't be able to watch it!! Can someone tell me if they will also show the episodes on YT and the Disney website, because I'm starting to panic.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Suddenly I wonder: Is it really called "Disney Drive On", or just "Drive On", with the Disney logo over it, like how many recent Disney productions have "Disney" (instead of "Disney's") over the titles.
Considering the theme song says "Disney Drive On", I'd say it's the former.