MWoO: Think It'll Ever Hit Blu-Ray

Muppet Master

Reaction score
With VMX being announced for a Blu-Ray release in October just 2 days ago, and MMW obviously being released on Blu-Ray on August 12, this will make 9 of the ten muppet movies available on Blu-Ray.

1. TMM in 2013
  2. GMC in 2013
  3. MTM in 2011
  4. MCC in 2012
  5. MTI in 2013
  6. MFS in 2011
  7. VMX in 2014
  8. MWoO in ????
  9. TM'11 in 2012
  10. MMW in 2014
So will MWoO ever get a Blu-Ray. While I dislike the film in all, Disney has released all the other muppet films on Blu-Ray. Honestly, I could care less if it gets one or not, but I am curious if Disney forgot about releasing it or won't, because they know about how the public doesn't like the film. If they ever did release the film on Blu-Ray, I wouldn't expect any special treatment whatsoever, just everything from the 2005 DVD plastered on a Blu-Ray. So will it ever make it or is MWoO doomed as one of those films that never get the upgrade?

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I can't say I love the film (or really like it but, I own the DVD for OCD reasons as well as having a complete collection) and well, knowing myself, I'm trying replace my DVDs with Blu-Rays now that I have 2 Blu-Ray/DVD players (my players will play either type of disc but Blu-Ray quality is perfection) ; and, even if I wouldn't watch the movie ever, having it in my shelf with the others would be pretty satisfying.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
With VMX being announced for a Blu-Ray release in October just 2 days ago, and MMW obviously being released on Blu-Ray on August 12, this will make 9 of the ten muppet movies available on Blu-Ray.e
I'm sure it will be released on Blu-ray at some point.

Also, don't forget that VMC and MWoO aren't really Muppet "movies". You could call them TV movies, but then A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa is one too, and maybe even A Muppet Family Christmas and all of the other tv specials.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'm sure it will be released on Blu-ray at some point.

Also, don't forget that VMC and MWoO aren't really Muppet "movies". You could call them TV movies, but then A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa is one too, and maybe even A Muppet Family Christmas and all of the other tv specials.
Actually VMX and MWoO are movies, they're just not theatrical releases, and it even says it in VMX's title "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas MOVIE. Well, maybe it's just because of the running times of those films. LTS and MCF are less than an hour long, and are specials. Though VMX and MWoO are as long as normal films. Though VMX and MWoO are films, they're just TV movies, LTS is just a special that Disney cooked up.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Actually VMX and MWoO are movies, they're just not theatrical releases, and it even says it in VMX's title "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas MOVIE. Well, maybe it's just because of the running times of those films. LTS and MCF are less than an hour long, and are specials. Though VMX and MWoO are as long as normal films. Though VMX and MWoO are films, they're just TV movies, LTS is just a special that Disney cooked up.
Ok, thats a good point VMX is about 30 minutes longer than LTS. Personally I still wouldn't included in a list of Muppet movies, but that's just my personal preference.

I hope MWoO and LTS do get Blu-ray releases, and I hope it happens soon! :big_grin:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I don't really consider those movies either, well I call those "made for TV movies," which is what they are.

But as far as whether or not MWoO will get a blu-Ray release, guess that's up to Disney and if they see it as profitable. Personally I wouldn't get my hopes up for that one. And also speaking for myself of course, I'm perfectly fine with just the DVD version of this made for TV movie. Unless a Blu-Ray was LOADED with new bonus features, I see no reason to buy it.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I don't really consider those movies either, well I call those "made for TV movies," which is what they are.

But as far as whether or not MWoO will get a blu-Ray release, guess that's up to Disney and if they see it as profitable. Personally I wouldn't get my hopes up for that one. And also speaking for myself of course, I'm perfectly fine with just the DVD version of this made for TV movie. Unless a Blu-Ray was LOADED with new bonus features, I see no reason to buy it.
Well, TV films are films, that is why they are called TV films. Though like you said, I could care less if MWoO is released on Blu-Ray, I do not like the film, and it did not seem that most people did, I just wanted to discuss it. Though, if it had The Muppets At Walt Disney World, TMS episodes, or MT episodes as special features than I would buy it if I had a Blu-Ray player.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Given time, I'd say possibly. "The Muppets Wizard of Oz" is obviously not the biggest hit, but it would be nice to see all the various Muppet movies and TV-movies, etc. out on Blu-Ray. (Of course, since I don't have a Blu-Ray player, I'd prefer to see them all out on DVD- especially specials that haven't had a release of any kind that I know of- like "The Muppets at Walt Disney World" and "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson", etc. And I'd really like to see "The Muppet Show" Seasons 4 and 5 get released to DVD. Along with "The Jim Henson Hour" and "Muppets Tonight" and "Muppet Babies".:skeptical::shifty::confused::eek::news::fishy::drool:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'd definitely buy it. It's not my favorite of Muppet productions (I don't think it's ANYONE'S favorite lol) but it's certainly not awful.

Though, if Blu-ray never happened, I'd be more than satisfied with a widescreen DVD release.