Gonzo and Pepe at Comic Con

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I am thinking that if Pepe is an animatronic, and Gonzo is just a puppet, then Gonzo would probably cost less than $10,000

Eyeball

Reaction score
I am thinking that if Pepe is an animatronic, and Gonzo is just a puppet, then Gonzo would probably cost less than $10,000
Yeah that's true, and it isn't the 'proper' gonzo puppet, it's the burnt one from one of there lesser appreciated movies, which again is a bit of a turn off when possibly buying it, if this were piggy I wouldn't even be contemplating not buying, but it isn't so I have this predicament.

propologist

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
The Gonzo is from the roof top scene as well as the lawnmower scenes. It is not a hand puppet as it has alum. legs the arms have wire in them to make them stay were you put them. There are also lights in the eyes that still work. There is some deterioration of the foam in his mouth but that should be expected with its age.

As far as Pepe he is full of servos and a radio receiver and if you have the controller it would work very well. The arms are not possable other than what you see in the photos. All tho the hands do have wires in them so they can hold onto things.

There is also a Tin Thing (Gonzo) animatronic head from "Muppets Wizard of OZ" that is also in this auction. I do not know how much the starting bid is. The Tin Thing head is also fully working as long as you have a controller. It is from when they take him apart and his head is on the ground.

I know all of this as I am the one who did a little restoration on all of them. I wish I had the money for them myself.

If you have any questions I will try and answer them if I can.

Mike

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
The Gonzo is from the roof top scene as well as the lawnmower scenes. It is not a hand puppet as it has alum. legs the arms have wire in them to make them stay were you put them. There are also lights in the eyes that still work. There is some deterioration of the foam in his mouth but that should be expected with its age.

As far as Pepe he is full of servos and a radio receiver and if you have the controller it would work very well. The arms are not possable other than what you see in the photos. All tho the hands do have wires in them so they can hold onto things.

There is also a Tin Thing (Gonzo) animatronic head from "Muppets Wizard of OZ" that is also in this auction. I do not know how much the starting bid is. The Tin Thing head is also fully working as long as you have a controller. It is from when they take him apart and his head is on the ground.

I know all of this as I am the one who did a little restoration on all of them. I wish I had the money for them myself.

If you have any questions I will try and answer them if I can.

Mike
Thanks for the info, Mike. What sort of restoration did you do on Gonzo and Pepe? Which parts have been replaced? Without naming names, can you say if these came from a Private collector or how they get to be up for sale?