The Muppets Take Coney Island

Walter White

Reaction score
Looks like the Muppets will be at the Brooklyn Cyclones baseball game at Coney Island on August 4th. Below is from the team's Facebook page.

We've got BIG news! On Monday, August 4th "The Muppets Take Coney Island!" Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Animal, Fozzie, Waldorf, Statler, Rizzo and Sweetums will all be in attendance when we take on the Connecticut Tigers. It will be largest collection of Muppets to EVER attend a baseball game...anywhere...in the history of ever. It's a night you won't want to miss!

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?agency=CYC_PLAGENCY&pid=7623089

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I really wish I could go there, but I live too far from there. :frown:

Walter White

Reaction score
A little more information on tonight's Muppet appearance at the Brooklyn Cyclones game:

The Muppets will be performing numerous sketches throughout the game, providing prize packs for lucky fans, and even offering a private meet-and-greet for lucky fans selected at random during the game.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
This just makes me want to jump on a plane to Coney Island! Will anyone go there, and bring videos?

Walter White

Reaction score
I'll be there. I don't know if I'll be able to get any videos from where I'm sitting. I'll tweet what's going on tonight using #Muppets as long as my phone stays alive if anyone is looking for updates.

Walter White

Reaction score
This was a total letdown. The only Muppet who appeared was Sweetums throwing out the first pitch. Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Statler and Waldorf appeared in a few very brief prerecorded clips on the video board. One of the clips was so poorly done that the director saying "roll" and "cut" wasn't even edited out. Animal and Rizzo were nowhere to be seen despite being listed by the team. Per the team's Twitter, there were only 25 families selected for the meet and greet which was never mentioned during the game, so I'm not sure how they were even selected. This event was definitely not what it sounded like it would be.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
This was a total letdown. The only Muppet who appeared was Sweetums throwing out the first pitch. Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Statler and Waldorf appeared in a few very brief prerecorded clips on the video board. One of the clips was so poorly done that the director saying "roll" and "cut" wasn't even edited out. Animal and Rizzo were nowhere to be seen despite being listed by the team. Per the team's Twitter, there were only 25 families selected for the meet and greet which was never mentioned during the game, so I'm not sure how they were even selected. This event was definitely not what it sounded like it would be.
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that! Only Sweetums, that's just stupid! But at least you got to see ONE muppet live, but did they have to mislead everyone like that?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'm assuming that's why TP or TMM hasn't written an article about it.