What is your least favorite Muppet Movie?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Pretty petty considering there hasn't been a Sesame Street cameo since MTM (unless you count the door in a jar from MFS, I don't), not to mention the fact that they actually tried to get one in there. Closest we've got, and closest we'll ever get is Constantine watching Kermit the Frog as a reporter on Sesame Street.

Now, to be almost hypocritical, I hate the fact MFS didn't have Uncle Matt in it. Not because it didn't but because it was supposed to and the no talent director forcefully pulled it out. But that's among the problems the film had because of Tim Hill (outside of Spongebob, his magnum opus was the first Chipmunks movie), but it really screams "forcefully lost opportunity."
I did love the Reporter Kermit from Sesame Street Newsflash scene in "Muppets Most Wanted"- that was great! Interesting about this Uncle Travelling Matt cameo planned for "Muppets From Space"- hadn't heard that before. Too bad- that would have been way cool. (And it seems like it would have been pretty fitting too, given the theme of the movie and all.)
It's been a while since I've watched that one though- what's this about the door in a jar?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Who honestly cares if an SS character shows up. You could blink and miss their scenes, and even if they're funny they don't advance the plot or anything, so what's the disappointment about considering MCC is so overated and no one cares that an SS character wasn't in it. If someone wants SS then why don't they just watch the show?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I think the point is that for the first three Muppet movies it seemed to be a tradition for Sesame Street characters to make cameos. I definitely love it when it happens, since I'm a fan of crossovers in general. But it doesn't lessen my love of "The Muppet Christmas Carol" or any other Muppet movie if a Sesame Street (or other series) cameo doesn't happen. (For the record, TMCC has Sprocket and Inkspots and Begoony make appearances, so at least there are Fraggle Rock cameos!):smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited::drool::busy:

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
That's true. Begoony was also in Muppet Treasure Island, as one of the many pirates on Tim Curry's side.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I noticed a goof in Muppets Most Wanted:
-Even though Calico, Black Dog, and Blind Pew assisted Walter, Animal, Fozzie, and Kermit in breaking out, they are seen jumping through the hole with them, but are later seen back at the gulag for the finale.
Perhaps Nadya caught up with them and brought them back to the gulag where they belong?
This is the "Worst Muppet Movie Thread." Not the "slight continuity error 99.99% of everyone else who watched the film wouldn't give a crap about" thread. :wink:

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
This is the "Worst Muppet Movie Thread." Not the "slight continuity error 99.99% of everyone else who watched the film wouldn't give a crap about" thread. :wink:
Oh my bad. I guess it slipped my mind to post it in the Muppet Movie goofs thread :oops:

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
They're not exactly Muppet Movies, but two more to add to my list are Home on The Range and Chicken Little and here's why they're on my list:
Home on The Range, according to The Nostalgia Critic had no creativity, no spontaneity, and no effort. The movie did terrible overall at the box office. As far as Chicken Little goes, it, like its predecessor, did terrible when it was in theaters.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Oh my bad. I guess it slipped my mind to post it in the Muppet Movie goofs thread :oops:
I wouldn't call that a "goof" cause their NOT the main characters and pretty much no one was wondering how they were caught again. Just be glad you got to see cameos of lesser known Muppets,:wink:.

They're not exactly Muppet Movies, but two more to add to my list are Home on The Range and Chicken Little and here's why they're on my list:
Home on The Range, according to The Nostalgia Critic had no creativity, no spontaneity, and no effort. The movie did terrible overall at the box office. As far as Chicken Little goes, it, like its predecessor, did terrible when it was in theaters.
Not exactly Muppet movies?:confused:, dude those AREN'T Muppet movies at all. This thread is titled Worst Muppet Movies.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I wouldn't call that a "goof" cause their NOT the main characters and pretty much no one was wondering how they were caught again. Just be glad you got to see cameos of lesser known Muppets,:wink:.
It may be in the wrong thread, but it is still a good observation. Nothing wrong with pondering the plot points of the movie (even for a Muppet movie). I did a good bit of this with my nephews and nieces who were pointing out logistical questions about "Muppets Most Wanted" after seeing the movie and at some point I just had to tell them that it's just a movie- and a Muppet movie at that- it's not all going to make sense all the time.:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not exactly Muppet movies?:confused:, dude those AREN'T Muppet movies at all. This thread is titled Worst Muppet Movies.
Yeah... I don't think this member gets the point. I'm pretty sure the next post will be about what that member ate for lunch or something. I don't mean to purposely pick on someone, but thread titles are thread titles for a reason.