Muppets Most Wanted Box Office Numbers

RealWonderman

Reaction score
I'm not gonna sit here and argue about something that's already been said and is gonna end up right back where it started. Again agree to disagree. Discussion over. Have a nice day.
And I'll agree, once again, that it is an incorrect assessment. You have a nice day as well. And don't feel obligated to continue to read or reply to my posts on this subject. Honestly, I'm not concerned.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
And I'll agree, once again, that it is an incorrect assessment. You have a nice day as well. And don't feel obligated to continue to read or reply to my posts on this subject. Honestly, I'm not concerned.
The last thing I feel is obligated to reply to anything on this board. I reply to stuff because I WANT to.

You need to not get so upset because someone disagrees with your assessment.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
The last thing I feel is obligated to reply to anything on this board. I reply to stuff because I WANT to.

You need to not get so upset because someone disagrees with your assessment.
Terrific. You have a nice day as well, and I mean that sincerely. I'll not be discussing this subject with you any further. Best that way, I think.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
If I was Disney I'd be incredibly upset if the movie I spent $50 million to make only made $51 million domestically.

muppfozz

Reaction score
I saw this movie on Sunday opening weekend and I had to go to another town because out small town theater was not going to show it. The weekend before this movie opened I want to see Peabody and ask the manage if he thought they would get the new muppet movie and he said probably not because of Divergent opening and films are usually kept at out local theater for two or three weeks. I saw Frozen and Peabody and thought they both were good . I want to see Peabody because I watched the cartoons on tv long ago and wanted to see the characters . Peabody was different and cute. I thought Frozen was really good. I however LOVE THE MUPPETS and so went out of town to see the Muppets Most Wanted on that Sunday afternoon. We had about 1o people in the theater. One young girl even came in wearing a Miss Piggy mask and I thought "Oh, a future Muppet fan there is hope". I was very disappointed there was not more people in the room but I was so glad to be able to see the movie. Oh, and it was shown in one of the very small rooms so I guess the theater people did not expect a large crowd. I will also say I was not very happy to hear what human stars where going to be main people in the movie but I want to the movie to see THE MUPPETS. I did not care for Tina before but thought she was cute in this movie and her Kermit collection I would love the have. As for the movie before this- The Muppets- again I went because of Muppets NOT for the people who also starred in it. If there is not another Muppet movie made at least I have my Muppet dvds, books and toys.

muppfozz

Reaction score
I loved the Lipton advertising and wished I had them on dvd ,they were so cute. The Toyota advertising was cute too. When I ask a friend to go with me to see the movie she ask "What are the Muppets?" I said they are on the new Toyota commercials and she said "Oh, these crazy furry things". YES! I have all the Subway bags with the Muppets.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I loved the Lipton advertising and wished I had them on dvd ,they were so cute. The Toyota advertising was cute too. When I ask a friend to go with me to see the movie she ask "What are the Muppets?" I said they are on the new Toyota commercials and she said "Oh, these crazy furry things". YES! I have all the Subway bags with the Muppets.
I wish I could have gotten those bags, they looked so cool. But unfortunately my Subway ran out of them and only had Phineas and Ferb bags.:mad:
And those Toyota ads still run today. I saw one after I got out of my pool a week ago during an episode of Two Broke Girls. And did you know that the Lipton ads are a meme?
If anyone thinks that the box office numbers for this movie were horrible, Legends of Oz did worse. Sad, because I saw that movie opening weekend and thought it was good.

goldenstate5

Reaction score
If I was Disney I'd be incredibly upset if the movie I spent $50 million to make only made $51 million domestically.
I don't think they're incredibly upset, I think moreso Disney executives are just completely confused. And, in addition, a bit disappointed that they are basically back at square one with this franchise unless the case occurs where MMW breaks out huge on home video.

The 2011 Muppets movie was the lightning in a bottle that capitalized on a viral marketing campaign years in the making, and even that fared poorly against the overpopulated competition. Thankfully the film was also a success overseas, and thus MMW was born and IIRC Stoller said that Disney wanted the film as soon as possible. (it was originally set to arrive in the summer of 2013)

Unfortunately that seemed to be too over-ambitious for the script that Bobin and Stoller cooked up, so the film was pushed back nearly a year and Disney failed to push the brand in any huge direction during this time since the overall marketing scheme is, "Trust us, they'll remember. We'll make them remember."

None of this seemed to work, and audience reaction was tepid at best. I think all the executives right now are just shrugging and going, "Okay, so maybe home video is the ticket here?"

Honestly the box office disappointment happened and now we have to look forward. It's really the only thing anyone can do right now.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Let's just go ask Disney ourselves what they really think about the box office numbers. Anyone know their number? Or better yet well go protest and demand they tell us what their thinking.

Last edited: