Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
Does Seth ever get enough sleep, what with a third show he's now working on? :confused:

I guess Biggs was fired because of the recent controversies surrounding him.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does Seth ever get enough sleep, what with a third show he's now working on? :confused:
Well... Tom Kenny and all. He has to have even less sleep. But Seth's an odd choice. Not a bad one, but I don't think the voice will match up that well. He may be stretched too thin with Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Agents of SMASH (if that gets a second season), and now TMNT.

My hope for season 3? The turtles find another box of video tapes with cartoons on them. That would be a fun season by season gag, to ruthlessly parody a different animated series every year.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So has that big nonfiction book on the Ninja Turtles been released yet? I thought I'd heard it was released (and haven't heard anything about it since), but I haven't found a copy anywhere. Though I have found a TMNT book advertised as an "ultimate fan book", but it appears to be more for ultimate fans of the current series.

I wonder if there should be a "TMNT Character Encyclopedia". Considering DK's character encyclopedias avoid behind the scenes information, I wonder if it could include characters from all incarnations (the original comics, all three animated shows, The Next Mutations, and the movies), or if it would have to be limited to just one of those (the current series or new movie would be the most likely choices).

Finding out about that one crossover, I was thinking back to a crossover I thought should have happened as a kid: I thought there should have been a "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Meets The Simpsons" crossover. All because both franchises had video games (including similar, popular arcade games) at the time. Heck, I thought it was great how in the second movie there's a scene where a Bart Simpson glass appears.

Drtooth

Reaction score
According to the SDCC panel we're gonna see a couple fan favorite characters in season 3....

Napoleon Bonafrog and Mondo Gecko. Very excited about them both. Gecko's going to be played by Robby Rist, who played Mikey in the first film, in the tradition of giving Slash's part to Corey Feldman. Also, there's talk of Muckman, and very cryptic hint that Tokka may appear.

Only complaint is Nick's withholding the last few episodes of the season to September to promote the movie. :sigh:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A few years ago I had read that in the new movie that although the turtles would be costumes, they would have CGI faces. Anybody know whether this happened in the new movie (I haven't really paid attention to the commercials to figure it out) or if maybe they canceled that idea?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Already saw the new movie on opening night. It was alright, not something I would tell people they NEED to go see like I did with Guardians of the Galaxy, but decent enough and that is coming from a HUGE TMNT fan. There were a few things that brother me, for example there is NO Hamato Yoshi!!! I mean he wasn't Splinter NOR was he Splinter's master that he learned to do ninjutsu by studying him (personally I like the latter origin story of he being his pet rat first much better). But that's all I'll mention without feeling like I'm giving away too much spoilers.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd have to see the movie to judge. I'm mixed on what I gathered so far about their origin... but I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel initially put off with IDW's reboot's origin. And somehow, it's similar. Only the IDW origin they were just test subjects for mutated soldiers... later revealed the ooze was supplied by the Utroms (who are evil now and lead by Krang). They didn't really grow or bond for 16 years, and became full sized automatically. While I didn't care much for that at the beginning, the comic managed to get much better second issue and has been great ever since. Though I'm mixed about their new version of the Rat King. That's a weird one.