Remembering Robin Williams (July 21, 1951 - August 11, 2014)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, from his series debut with "Happy Days" and "Mork and Mindy" to all the wonderful films and stand-up. Robin was a great comedian and inspiration to millions.

Thinking of Robin Williams and the Muppets reminds me of the first issue of Muppet Magazine. I remember getting this for Christmas 1982 and enjoying every issue thereafter.

If only the scheduled appearance of Robin Williams on The Muppet Show would've actually been taped. What could have been.

Robin, you made us laugh for decades. Today we cry. :cry:

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I just saw this a few seconds ago on Facebook. I'm beyond shocked. I remember him in Aladdin as Genie, and in Jumanji, as well as in a few other things. I wish his family the best, and hope they are ok.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just heard about this, and shock doesn't even begin to describe my reaction to finding out about this. From the various different sources I've heard this from, his apparent suicide may have stemmed from a bout of depression he was going through for a while now.

Either way, this is a terrible blow to show biz; we lost one of the great comedy legends.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I remember him from a plethora of great films (Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji, Dead Poets Society), and I remember his appearance on Whose Line is it Anyway? as well. This is definitely a sad day in the entertainment industry. Just shocking. :sympathy:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
This is just......Where do I begin to?.....Holy cow....I can't process this. Excuse me while I go and find a corner......

Holy crap....