Kristen Stewart Reveals Why She Never Smiles

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ever notice that Kristen Stewart never smiles in her pics? Well this past week, she actually finally revealed why.

So, apparently, it's a "principle" or hers: if she smiles in her pictures, she somehow would end up being a sellout to her fans, and therefore, her entire fanbase would turn on her.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering her fanbase are hormonal tweenagers that genuinely liked Twilight unironically, I buy it. Completely and utterly.

Seriously. A WORSE story about vampires than the Tomb of Dracula anime.

Anyway, you sure it's not that if she smiles, it will break the universe and she'll turn into a Powerpuff Girl?

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I'm sorry; why is the woman obligated to smile? I don't smile much either. So what? Although, it is silly to not smile just because she thinks her fanbrats won't like it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll agree that she shouldn't be obligated, and I don't smile much either.

Though, it is an actress that's... well... I'd say completely nuts, but not in a fun Gary Busey/Nick Cage type way.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
That is ridiculous....this is Patrick Star revealing his dumb level of revealing you're aware of your fault. I mean that makes no sense. She could TRY to emote on screen. The monotone actually gets me worse than the no smile thing...........good thing she's not in Harry Potter.
Kristen Stewart as Mrs. Weasley:*monotone*Not my daughter you b****!
Me:*shudders at the thought*

snichols1973

Reaction score
Anyway, you sure it's not that if she smiles, it will break the universe and she'll turn into a Powerpuff Girl?
The "My Fair Mandy" and "Sickly Sweet" episodes of Billy & Mandy show some disastrous results of trying to get Mandy to smile; when she musters up enough willpower to smile in "My Fair Mandy", it ends up transforming Billy & Mandy's universe into a Powerpuff Girls crossover parody cameo.....

jvcarroll

Reaction score
On one hand there's a horrible standard that's placed on women to "be pleasant" and smile. I'm against that. I'm also against telling people just to smile when no one knows what the other person's day or life has been like. And some people have issues with depression. :smirk:

On the other hand, what is life without joy? I truly believe that happiness is a choice. That doesn't mean one goes around grinning like a game show host, but it doesn't mean they have to be a sourpuss either. There are many methods to manage depression and it's healthy for those who are afflicted to find the right one(s) for them. :search:

I'm friendly to almost everyone. Those who have met me understand. I go out of my way to connect with a person and to make them feel valued and comfortable. I've often provided a shoulder to cry on for people I've just met and I'm happy to do that. Sometimes people just choose to be unhappy all of the time for the sake of it. Those people, keep them the heck away from me because they often suck the air out of the room like a cancer and I don't need to be a part of that. It's important to point out that's the extreme, not the norm. :sigh:

There's also something called smile therapy. It sounds stupid and cheesy, but it has been proven that the simple act of smiling can often improve one's mood. And once a mood is improved it's easier to maintain. :coy:

So, I guess smile if you wanna. Be yourself. But it's also important for every person to ask themselves what their giving off to others in the world. All of us here admire Jim Henson and that was the core philosophy of his life's work. Fraggle Rock taught us that life is symbiotic. Sometimes we need a Boober. Sometimes we need a red. There are times that the Boobers of the world have a responsibility to shrug off their angst for the greater good of their friends. Sometimes the Reds of the world need to have an appreciation for the unfortunate things that can happen. :excited:

But in the end, in the bigger picture, we all play a part to create balance. The question shouldn't be about smiling or frowning (and just because someone's not smiling doesn't mean they're not happy just as a smile doesn't necessarily indicate true happiness). It's about how we treat people, how much we take and what we pass along. :jim:

PS- But not smiling because it would "disappoint your fans" is a completely ridiculous reason and is a red flag to me that Miss Stewart is not likely a person to take seriously. :rolleyes:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
On one hand there's a horrible standard that's placed on women to "be pleasant" and smile. I'm against that. I'm also against telling people just to smile when no one knows what the other person's day or life has been like. And some people have issues with depression. :smirk:

On the other hand, what is life without joy? I truly believe that happiness is a choice. That doesn't mean one goes around grinning like a game show host, but it doesn't mean they have to be a sourpuss either. There are many methods to manage depression and it's healthy for those who are afflicted to find the right one(s) for them. :search:

I'm friendly to almost everyone. Those who have met me understand. I go out of my way to connect with a person and to make them feel valued and comfortable. I've often provided a shoulder to cry on for people I've just met and I'm happy to do that. Sometimes people just choose to be unhappy all of the time for the sake of it. Those people, keep them the heck away from me because they often suck the air out of the room like a cancer and I don't need to be a part of that. It's important to point out that's the extreme, not the norm. :sigh:

There's also something called smile therapy. It sounds stupid and cheesy, but it has been proven that the simple act of smiling can often improve one's mood. And once a mood is improved it's easier to maintain. :coy:

So, I guess smile if you wanna. Be yourself. But it's also important for every person to ask themselves what their giving off to others in the world. All of us here admire Jim Henson and that was the core philosophy of his life's work. Fraggle Rock taught us that life is symbiotic. Sometimes we need a Boober. Sometimes we need a red. There are times that the Boobers of the world have a responsibility to shrug off their angst for the greater good of their friends. Sometimes the Reds of the world need to have an appreciation for the unfortunate things that can happen. :excited:

But in the end, in the bigger picture, we all play a part to create balance. The question shouldn't be about smiling or frowning (and just because someone's not smiling doesn't mean they're not happy just as a smile doesn't necessarily indicate true happiness). It's about how we treat people, how much we take and what we pass along. :jim:

PS- But not smiling because it would "disappoint your fans" is a completely ridiculous reason and is a red flag to me that Miss Stewart is not likely a person to take seriously. :rolleyes:
I agree. It's just in the movies it was hard to realize how Bella was really feeling, because of her lack of emotion. I'm sorry, but unless for comedy (Ben Steinish maybe) with emoting like that acting might not be your best choice of career. Then again she's happy (I think) so let her be.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I agree. It's just in the movies it was hard to realize how Bella was really feeling, because of her lack of emotion. I'm sorry, but unless for comedy (Ben Steinish maybe) with emoting like that acting might not be your best choice of career. Then again she's happy (I think) so let her be.
I agree. Her acting "style" leaves a lot to the viewer's imagination. Yeah. That's the nice way to say it. Hehe. :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
On one hand there's a horrible standard that's placed on women to "be pleasant" and smile.
:grouchy: "Hey, Pal... there's a horrible standard that's placed on anyone to be pleasant an' smile! Now woulda ya leave me alone?! [slams lid on can]"

(couldn't resist)...

Well, do you see what her fans are watching?!?