Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted on Blu-ray and DVD

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well, I finally got to watch my MMW DVD, and boy was it worth more than four months wait. I loved it just as much as I did four months ago, and maybe even more. I'm going to re-watch this for a long time, and just as much as TMM, GMC, MTM, MCC, MTI, MFS, and TM'11. It's just such a good film, and it's really sad a lot of critics hated it just because of Jason Segel :rolleyes:. Anyways, since I watched it, here's my review of the DVD (not the film).

Muppet Master's DVD Review of MMW

The Movie

Nothing short of amazing. While it's obviously never going to reach the heights of TMM or GMC, it's a step up from TM'11 by providing a movie with the muppets as the main characters with great human secondary characters, and the antagonist. So overall, it's a really great film with few problems, and definitely worth your time. 9/10

The Video (Picture Quality)

Perfection, it's stunning, crisp, clear, and looks great. Nothing wrong with it, and just all over great. 10/10

The Audio

Perfect yet again. It's just great overall, and I can hear it all very well, the music is crisp and clear, and just amazing. 10/10

Special Features

Well, it's a recent Disney DVD, what can you really expect. While TM'11 had a more than eight minute long blooper reel on its DVD, this film has a music video. The I'll Get You Anything You Want Music Video (3:18) is nice enough and has extra lyrics that's not included in the movie, it's really a bonus feature you'd only like if it was in a group of interviews, outtakes, and behind-the-scenes programs. It's also been available on Youtube for a long time. Nice job Disney, you've managed to make DVD special features as mediocre as they get. 5/10

The Menus

They're really nice. The main menu has Sam which is awesome, and all the muppets going into the interrogation room. The other menus don't move, and while that would be nice, they're are still really well made, especially the Scene Selection one with a newspaper format. 8/10

Overall

MMW is an all around wonderful film. The video and audio is great, the movie itself is one of the best muppet films since the original trilogy, and while the special features could have been a lot better, the movie alone is enough for you to grab a copy. 8.4/10

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Also missing is the previously announced “I’m Number One” Frog-E-Oke track when you pause the movie. Apparently this feature still exists on the digital copy, just not on the disc itself. And in the UK, they were told that the movie would come with an “On Set with Walter, Inside The Gulag” featurette, which nobody seems to have gotten on either side of the pond. Yet another Thing We Don’t Get to See. ---- Tough Pigs

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Also missing is the previously announced “I’m Number One” Frog-E-Oke track when you pause the movie. Apparently this feature still exists on the digital copy, just not on the disc itself. And in the UK, they were told that the movie would come with an “On Set with Walter, Inside The Gulag” featurette, which nobody seems to have gotten on either side of the pond. Yet another Thing We Don’t Get to See. ---- Tough Pigs
'On the Set with Walter, Inside the Gulag' is included on the Australian Blu ray. I only bought the DVD though, so I can't tell you what it's like.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
And, yes, the bathroom joke with Ricky and Constantine is awful. That's the thing though, about the bathroom jokes. They aren't shown in a positive light. Whenever there's a bathroom joke, the characters never react as if it's funny (Gonzo facepalms at Kermit's poopenburgen "joke", and Scooter has a particularly hilarious reaction to the aforementioned "joke"), so it would appear that the characters themselves are taking a jab at it, saying how unfunny that type of humor is. That being said, bathroom jokes and Muppets are best kept as faaaaaaaaaar away from each other as possible. Negative reaction or not.
Sorry, but this point is completely moot. The Muppets have done bathroom jokes MANY times before in the past, even during the Jim era.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
The Blu-Ray for MMW sadly went down to #48, but on the other hand, the Amazon Instant Video of MMW sky-rocketed to #49, considering it was in the back end of the 60's yesterday. Also, the DVD went from a tepid #88 yesterday to #72 today.

Reaction score
On the subject of blooper reels, I feel gypped when most of the "bloopers" are not bloopers. A "blooper" is a mistake. Ricky Gervais bursting out laughing is a blooper. Characters chatting for the camera is not. And I miss the good old days when Muppet bloopers often involved the puppeteers, a hand or a head coming into view, or even the puppeteers letting the puppets fall. *sigh*
During Waldorf's slip-up in the train scene, you can see Dave Goelz's head in the right corner and during Ricky Gervais' first laugh-out-loud flub, you can hear Eric Jacobson's laugh. That's as much direct physical presence we got from the performers.