Now what's going on with YouTube?

Schfifty

Reaction score
After all these months (matter of fact, it's been pretty much over a year now), YouTube has finally admitted that... tabs don't work anymore. In fact, they've announced that tabs have been retired altogether. Yeah, I pretty much figured that out when new vids weren't turning up in search results, no matter what keywords you searched.
Do you mean tabs or tags? I assume you mean the latter, since it would make sense when you mention keywords and search results. If they've retired tags for good, then they need to remove that feature in the video manager and when you upload videos. It's still there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Facepalm*

Froggin' typos.

But yes, obviously I meant tags.

Have people finally become desensitized to all of the crap that Google does with YT? Because this recent Creator's Studio update they made (which is probably one of the most annoying and inconvenient changes they've ever made) hasn't gotten near as much backlash or outcry as previous changes made by Google.

It took me a long time to find out that most of what you used to be able to access when clicking on your icon is now in that little drop-down menu next to the YouTube logo, however, in order to get to other things like Video Manager or Inbox and such, I have to manually search for them.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Have people finally become desensitized to all of the crap that Google does with YT? Because this recent Creator's Studio update they made (which is probably one of the most annoying and inconvenient changes they've ever made) hasn't gotten near as much backlash or outcry as previous changes made by Google.
Maybe it's because they didn't try to force it down our throats a la Google+?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When has Google implemented an update that wasn't forced down our throats?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Haven't even finished a thing to upload in a while. So I don't know exactly what anyone's talking about.

Seriously, I got stuck on something, and have a foot out the door bothering anyway.

But I DO hate when they screw up the recommended videos by adding lots of unrelated things to something you watched once. I have to delete my history a lot to get rid of random crap I don't want.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Does anyone know if YT is still monitoring our viewing activity and what we watch? I find it too much of a coincidence that half of the time I find certain "new" vids, 1-2 days later they're blocked or removed due to copyright (and after they've been posted for years).

mr3urious

Reaction score
Twitch.TV's recent sale sure was interesting. Google offered more money, but they ultimately made the deal with Amazon instead for less. Kudos to Twitch for allowing a corporation that's not Google to buy them. :big_grin:

Of course, you don't have to take my word for it. This guy says it better than I ever could (language warning).

Schfifty

Reaction score
It seems like YouTube tweaked with the comment rating system recently. You can still rate comments good/bad, except you can only rate comments that are less than a year old. You can't rate any 1+ year old comments anymore.

Why did this happen? :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That happened with the Google+ merge last year: any comments that were made before they implemented the Google+ commenting system cannot be rated or replied to, you can only do that with Google+ comments.