Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think it's jumping the gun to call a Sonic movie stupid. It could very well be an accurate video game based movie. Only time I ever hear anything positive about video game movies was Resident Evil.

On that subject (while not a movie I'd dare call dumb at all) what ever happened to the Ratchet and Clank movie? I was really looking forward to seeing that.

DePingPong

Reaction score
I don't think R&C is out until next year, and when I posted about Sonic, I totally disregarded the title of this thread, sorry. I think it's awesome that Sonic will finally be on the big screen.

And for Sonic, it's a mix of live-action and CGI, I really hope they don't mess it up...

I'd prefer something like the gorgeous CGI cutscenes they have in the games, it what's the fans really want, myself included.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They've made "A Dolphin's Tale 2"

Let me repeat that. They've made "A Dolphin's Tale 2."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why indeed? There's honestly nothing I can say more about it, other than giving the synopsis based on some cheap flier of other movies coming out. Essentially it's about the same dolphin (don't see why) and another one. Mission pack all the way.

Oh, and the Oujia movie is coming out soon. Don't see why that needed to be a movie, and don't see why they bothered to put it in production. Especially since Battleship flopped domestically (darn you, overseas market), and the film was a laughing stock for being produced. And didn't even have anything to do with Battleship.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Why indeed? There's honestly nothing I can say more about it, other than giving the synopsis based on some cheap flier of other movies coming out. Essentially it's about the same dolphin (don't see why) and another one. Mission pack all the way.
But wait, there's more! The director is thinking about a 3rd installment!

Drtooth

Reaction score
(throws up in mouth a little bit)

Seriously. You got to wonder why Morgan Freeman acts like The Electric Company is an old shame when he gets roped into crap like this.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
(throws up in mouth a little bit)

Seriously. You got to wonder why Morgan Freeman acts like The Electric Company is an old shame when he gets roped into crap like this.
I'd be more embarrassed of Driving Miss Daisy if I was him. Mel Mounds was the funkiest DJ of all time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
He's a man of many talents, but he hasn't been stretching his comedy muscles of late.

Still, you have to wonder how much Dolphin's Tale we need. I've heard of flop/barely successful on a low budget movies getting sequels, but is there really a call for more "look! We saved an animal" movies without the need for sequels?

So anyone else wanna talk about Ouija while we're at it? Not so much I'm trying to push the thing as I think there's a genuinely good discussion about it. I mean, Transformers and G.I. Joe are Hasbro properties that genuinely have backstories and detailed universes... a board game that results in a family friendly horror film... I see Haunted Mansion all over this.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uh... don't we already have another thread for complaining about unnecessary sequels?

Now, I appreciate that they've been trying for almost half a decade back when zombies weren't a discredited meme and still relevant, but to keep trying now?
Well, it's the same with vampires: that whole craze had kind of fizzled out within the last 3-4 years or so, and yet, both network and cable seem to keep cranking out carbon copies of TRUE BLOOD and VAMPIRE DIARIES every new season.

I'm probably jinxing it now, but it kind of seems like we've finally gotten past the whole, "Let's take a classic children's fairy tale and turn into a modern-day macabre action/adventure epic."

But notice what the biggest trend is now? Not sequels, but prequels. Specifically, unnecessary back stories for characters we really didn't give a hoot about in the first place. Why do we now need a movie about how and why the professor got to Oz and became wizard when the whole concept of Oz was all just a dream? Do we even care why Maleficent is the way she is (let alone do we really want or need to see Angelina Jolie in the role)? What's next? Are we going to see some kind of backstory as to why Cinderella's stepmother and stepsisters became so wicked in the first place? Or, better yet: how about a movie about Edgar Balthazaar's life before he became the butler to a wealthy elderly lady and her beloved cats.