The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

EllaCedar13

Reaction score
TBH the worst (IMHO) CGI movies I've ever been forced to sit through are Planes 2 and Igor. No offense to anyone who likes those movies...
Also Barbie movies. NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. Nope. Just don't even.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Igor was a pleasant surprise for me, but I felt the ending was too saccharine and undermined the delightfully dark madness of the film. Though I have to admit, the movie wouldn't have been half as enjoyable if it wasn't for the cast. I'm no fan of Sean Hayes or Molly Shannon, but even they were in top form in this film. And Steve Buschemi was awesome as ever. He's the only one who could have pulled "suicidal rabbit that's immortal" off without being offensive.

Not to mention that if you saw a cartoon in the 80's or 90's, you're probably familiar with the Character designer. Dude freakin' did ALF, MIB the series, and Captain N... not too shabby. I found the film better than most of these 3rd and 4th party bits. Especially Sony.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I have found what is probably the worst computer-animated Flash show ever. It's even worse than The Rapsittie Kids or Last Flight of the Champions and it's called "Nina Needs To Go!". Not only does the animation look ugly, but it's plot is...wait for it...a little girl who needs to pee all the time! It's also the worst children's television show of all time, according to many. A lot of people said that it made Barney look like The Banana Splits, and parents hate it because their kids think that if they wait to pee, someone like Nana will take them on time. I lost so many brain cells watching this piece of trash, that I'm sparing you from seeing a video of it. Here's a picture of it instead:

Drtooth

Reaction score
We're talking about movies, but...

I have found what is probably the worst computer-animated Flash show ever.
Unless it's called Wild Grinders, you haven't.

Yeah, I saw that thing about the kid who has horrible bladder problems. And sure, I hope she gets uromisitisis from holding it in. it's a baffling show by all means. And is it a full show or a dumb PSA thing? It's pretty stupid, sure... but is it Wild Grinders stupid?

Wild Grinders is a show that's indefinably bad. The characters are thin stereotypes, the main character has a voice like he drives a van that says "free candy and naps," there's a farting dog... well... I don't even have to say much more. Farting dog. Unironically a farting dog. I always felt that Rocket Power was a jaded, cynical attempt to cash in off the big Extreme fad in the late 90's. At least it's organic. This is the most, well, 50 year old white guy still using the word "bling" sincerely-est thing I've ever seen. The characters are plug fugly with their huge insect eyes and squashed square heads... they stole the villain from Johnny Test. YEAH! They stole from Johnny Test. They found inspiration in a mediocre show. That statement alone should prove it's a freaking horrible show. They even managed to rope Cam "1980's Leonardo" Clarke into the series as an Emo kid written by someone who doesn't know how emo works. He sounds like a feeble old Jewish woman!

I'd also like to add NFL Guardians as another bad flash/CGI hybrid show. It's essentially child soldiers fighting to save the sanctity of football (petty, right?) and just playing it dreadfully straight. However, it's genuinely so bad, it's good. Wild Grinders is complete garbage. So yeah, kid about to wet herself is a dumb show, but the Grinders make it look like a Satashi Kon film.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that thing about the kid who has horrible bladder problems. And sure, I hope she gets uromisitisis from holding it in. it's a baffling show by all means. And is it a full show or a dumb PSA thing? It's pretty stupid, sure... but is it Wild Grinders stupid
It's more of an interstitial, really.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what I thought.

Otherwise, it would be 30...errr... well, 20 minutes of the same 1 minute skit over and over. I don't see a potty training series ever taking off, let alone a "now you can use a toilet" post series. I don't even see why it's worthy of a recurring interstitial instead of a PSA. And I watched a couple of them by accident.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Speaking of Nina, the fandom is really ridiculous. One thing I read said they wanted to make a fanfic where Willy Wonka replaced Nana!
Here's another bad CGI Disney Junior short called Sam Sandwich.
The CGI in this show is so awful, that even babies got scared by it!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dear...freaking...mother...of...Glob.... Not only did I find one that's absolutely disgusting, but it looks to be even worse than Foodfight!!!

http://heroofcolorcity.bumblebee.com/characters.html

This is a thing. This exists. You cannot now imagine this never existed and go about your normal life. And it's basically a commercial for freaking Bumblebee Tuna. Yep, the Bumblebee Tuna Bee is a main character in the movie for no apparent reason. On the plus side, now Michael Bay can safely say he doesn't have the worst films with a character named Bumblebee in it.

And how freaking far off the ladder did some of these guys fall to have to resort to voicing this piece of crap? Worst of all, it even has some decent voice actors slumming... Jess Harnell and David Kaye (voice of Megatron on the Beast era series and Unicron Trilogy, as well as Optimus in TFA)... jeez. This doesn't even deserve the dub cast of Garsey's Wing!

mr3urious

Reaction score
The animation is barely TV quality, and the story is tired and cliched. Oh, all these inanimate objects come to life when no one else is around, and some evil DoodleBob reject is destroying their world and they must stop him? Gee, I haven't seen that before. :rolleyes: