Remembering Robin Williams (July 21, 1951 - August 11, 2014)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I wish he would've made it on TMS it probably have been one if my favorite episodes if he did get to be on...I feel like when Jim died it's like a family member or best friend has gone. "We'll never have a friend like you Mr Williams." Be free and make heaven laugh! Maybe if Jim is making Muppet shows in heaven he'll let you be a guest star. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm chiming in here to say that I'm so devastated I have nothing to say. He was one of my favorites, and hearing about the ever growing tragic details just makes me feel worse.

I saw the trailer to the third Night at the Museum movie, and almost broke out in tears when he popped up on screen. Then there was a peeing monkey that prevented that, making me feel annoyance. But the point is, seeing him do his best to make everybody happy brings a tear to my eyes now. He's irreplaceable, one of a kind, and we'll never see that brand of humor again.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Robin Williams passing was extremely sad. While I would be lying in saying that I loved all of his movies, when he he the mark he really hit that mark. I always remember me and my sisters watching repeated viewing of Aladdin and even as a kid knowing he was the voice of the Genie and even than knowing he was perfect in that role, I loved that movie and that character so much (though to be honest Iago was actually my favorite, :smile:), that I actually even bought the Genie action figure. I also remember as a kid watching Mrs. Doubtfire as a kid.

Also movie of his that I love, though it seems like just about everyone else in the world hated was Death to Smoocey. Robin Williams was fantastic as the kids host turned into an awful heel whom redeems himself: Rainbow Randolph.

Thanks for all the great memories, Robin, RIP.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Robin Williams passing was extremely sad. While I would be lying in saying that I loved all of his movies, when he he the mark he really hit that mark. I always remember me and my sisters watching repeated viewing of Aladdin and even as a kid knowing he was the voice of the Genie and even than knowing he was perfect in that role, I loved that movie and that character so much (though to be honest Iago was actually my favorite, :smile:), that I actually even bought the Genie action figure. I also remember as a kid watching Mrs. Doubtfire as a kid.

Also movie of his that I love, though it seems like just about everyone else in the world hated was Death to Smoocey. Robin Williams was fantastic as the kids host turned into an awful heel whom redeems himself: Rainbow Randolph.

Thanks for all the great memories, Robin, RIP.
Interesting I heard of this movie. To anybody who has seen it is it anything like the episode of Dinosaurs, "Georgie Must Die"?

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Disney must be taking this hard, as well. You can tell. Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD are all doing two showings of Aladdin in the limited time range of today 'til Monday!

theSHE124

Reaction score
Disney must be taking this hard, as well. You can tell. Disney Channel, Disney Junior, and Disney XD are all doing two showings of Aladdin in the limited time range of today 'til Monday!
Got 2 see it! This night (Sat at 6:30), I saw Aladdin on DC. Yes, I noticed that Disney Channel+Junior have shorter commercial times for films, but get this--it was commercial free! :excited:Non-stop movie like a VHS tape, just like my toddler days! Good times, good times...

And oh yeah! Disney indeed made this statement after it ended: To the memory of Robin Williams who made us laugh. It's true! Somebody post that pic for me, please! As for my family, my sisters will more likely see Hook to remember the laughs and cries.

Thank you, Robin, for those good times, good times.:wink:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Interesting I heard of this movie. To anybody who has seen it is it anything like the episode of Dinosaurs, "Georgie Must Die"?
No, not really, though that's how they make it look in the trailer.

I have to say about Robin Williams, even though he's been in some movies that I think are just awful like Patch Adams and Jack, even in those movies I respect that he still gave it his all and seemed to truly believe he was in some movie that could make a difference of some sort. There's a certain magic to that.