Hensonville City 2011

Katzi428

Reaction score
Prairie: That was sweet of them! Anyone want a peppermint candy? holding out the cup
None for me thanks .I have your present though. handing her her present
Prairie opening it WOW! A painting of a sunrise! This is pretty!
Well.. not just any old sunrise. It was done on a prairie at dawn. Sooooo......
Prairie: Oh Kath! How clever! Where'd you find this?
Well I was looking around Hensonville Mall. And you have everything it seems. I really hate giving gift cards. So I figured I could give you this painting.
Prairie: Thanks! gives me a hug
:sympathy:: All righty ...like Kath said ..you have everything under the sun! But what ya DON'T have is.....this! presenting her with tickets to Beauty And The Beast
Prairie squeals
Oh ROWLF!! THANK YOU!! gives him a BIG HUG!! You DO know that you're going with me, right?
:sympathy:: Awww thanks! . The beauty is taking the beast to see Beauty and The Beast!
Prairie: ROWLF!! You're NOT ugly like The beast!
:hungry:: Prairie? I hope yu don't heve this? hands her a small box
Prairie opens it
Ohh Chef..A "P" charm!! Nope..don't have one! In fact I lost the one my dad gave me a long time ago. Thank you!
Robin: I couldn't afford much for you. All I could get you was a big box of nut clusters for you.
Prairie: Robin...it's the thought that counts. I still love you! hugging Robin Thanks. Thank you everyone!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Fozzie: Geeth, Ru--theeth are good! I know you're growing a garden--where are you growing these chocolate strawberries?
Ru: Um...well, e, Fozzie, they don't grow like that. I have to make them.
Rizzo: You can make strawberries? Go on with you! Can you make peaches? I love peaches!
Ru: I can't make peaches, Rizzo. I meant--
Kermit: I think Ru just meant that she--
Piggy: Oh, for goodness sake! Don't be such a lame-brain. She makes them in a double boiler!
Gonzo: Wow! Hey Ru--can you teach me to make peaches in the double boiler?
Ru: I cant--
Rizzo: She cant make peaches in the double boiler--just strawberries.
Kermit: No, what I think she meant was--
Piggy: Good grief--what a load of losers!
Ru; Piggy! Not nice!
Piggy: Moi cant help it! I'm allergic to stupidity.
Kermit: (muttering) That seems unlikely.
Piggy: It's true! I break out in sarcasm!
Ru: (looking at Kermit and shugging) True, that. But Rizzo, whatever you make have heard--
Gonzo: I didn't tell him anything. I heard it from him.
Ru: No, what I meant was--
Kermit: Hey, Piggy--want the last chocolate-covered strawberry?
Piggy: Ooh, Mon Capitan vous are so gallant!
Rizzo: Can you grow gallants in your garden next year?
Ru: (faintly) Oh, sure. Why not. (Sigh) Okay, guys--who wants to help me clean... (The kitchen is suddenly empty except for her and Kermit. He reaches for a dish towel.)
Kermit: Okay--you wash, I'll dry. Deal?
Ru: (sighing) Deal?

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hey guys! We're going to be picnicking with Ru Kermit and everyone. So Robin, look for your frisbee when you get a chance
:hungry:: Wen wuz dis desided?
A little while ago. We'll have store bought stuff. Don't worry.
:hungry: mumbling going out the door Vomen!!
Hey Chef!! I heard that!!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
It is a glum group that sits on the porch.
Piggy: Stupid rain.
Kermit: (reaching for Piggy's hand as they sit on the stoop) It, um, sounds kind of nice on the roof, though.
Rizzo: Makes me think of my first drum set.
Fozzie: I didn't know you played the drums, Rizzo.
Rizzo: I don't. I lived in a drum set for a while.
Gonzo: That would explain a lot.
Rizzo: (hands on hips) Said the whatever who lived in a cement mixer for a year!
Ru: It sounds, er, lovely, Rizzo. Why did you move out?
Rizzo: Eh, they went on the road. I wanted to stay in Jersey.
Fozzie: Gee, Rizzo--how'd you end up here in Hensonville.
Ru: (teasing) Yeah, what's a big-city guy like you doing in a place like Hensonville?
Gonzo: Hanging around for the food!
Rizzo: I resemble that remark!
Fozzie: Too bad our picnic got rained out.
Piggy: Stupid rain.
Kermit: Well, tomorrow is supposed to be sunny. We could reschedule, right?
Ru: That sounds like a great idea. The potato salad isn't going anywhere--are you listening, Rizzo? I said, the potato salad isn't going anywhere before tomorrow, right?
Fozzie: Um, Ru, since it rained and, um, all, do you think you might have time to back some pies?
Ru: Blackberry or peach?
Rizzo: Yes, please.
Fozzie: Yes. Um, please.
Kermit: Piggy likes blackberry pie, don't you Piggy?
Piggy: (determined to be annoyed at the weather) Well, yes....
Gonzo: How come you don't ever make anything interesting, like dandelion pie?
Ru: (laughing) If I wanted interesting, I'd move in with you guys. Oh--wait--I did! So...should we go around and tell all the neighbors that we're picnicking tomorrow afternoon instead?
Fozzie I'll go with you, Ru.
Ru: (smiling at Gonzo) You want to come, too?
Gonzo: Not me. I was thinking about picking some dandelions. Just in case, you know, you decided to bake a dandelion pie. (attempts pollywog eyes and fails)
Ru: (standing and putting her hand on Gonzo's shoulder) Okay, suppose I was to bake one of these things. What are we taking, here? Pastry or graham-cracker crust?
Gonzo: Graham-cracker crust? For a dandelion pie? That would just be...weird.
Piggy: (snorting) You would know.
Kermit: (mildly) He probably would. Hey, Piggy--would you like to go around with Ru and tell everyone we've moved the picnic till tomorrow afternoon?
Piggy No. I want to sit right here with vous and watch the rain. (She leans over and puts her head on his shoulder.)
Kermit: (Pleased) Um, we could, um, do that. (He puts his arm around her and leans his head against hers.) Um--rain check, Ru?
Ru: Looks like you're already getting one.
Fozzie: Ooh! That was good! Can I use that in my routine?
Gonzo: (muttering) Couldn't hurt.
Ru: Go pick some dandelions before I change my mind!
Gonzo: Whoopee! I'm going to see if Camilla wants to go picks dandelions in the rain!
Piggy: (muttering) What a weirdo.
Kermit: (fondly) Yeah....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Yesterday...

The scare crew returned to their apartment with a few little goodies, setting up shop in the kitchen area. Ed unwrapped the chocolate pieces, pouring them into a bowl, and then nuking them in the microwave for about thrity seconds for various rounds. Uncle Deadly helped by removing the bowl with his death-chilled claws, stirring it and checking its viscocity. Cookie Monster was in charge of the dunkage items, while Count lined a sheet with parchment paper and cake pan. They all worked to make a few things for the picnickers.

*Today...
Me: Okay, if everybody satisfied with breakfast, let's check on what we put in the fridge for an overnight chill.
The sheetpan is removed to reveal chocolate coated pretzels... And the cake pan is filled with solid chocolate bark that has craisins, nuts, and assorted dried fruit pieces.
:insatiable: Oooh, it all look so delicious!
Yep, hope the rest of the gang likes them. And at least it's a dessert so simple even I can help actually making it. *Puts the pretzels back in the fridge after :batty: has finished counting them as he transfered them into a ziploc bag, Uncle D cuts the bark into squarish log segments.

Fatatita dear, please run over to Apt 2 and up to Ru in Apt 5 so they know to pick these up before they leave for their picnic.
*Opens the door so the black cat can complete her task.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Looks like the picnic is back on! packing the last of the little cookie hamburgers I made
:sympathy:: They for snack or for lunch?
Snack. They're made of vanilla wafers for the buns , grasshopper cookies to represent the hamburgers Red frosting to look like ketchup Yellow frosting to look like mustard or cheese. And finally green ketchup to look like lettuce!
I'm almost positive that Cookie will know that these aren't all for him!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Earlier today...

Uncle Deadly pops back into Apt 1 through the fireplace, humming the chorus to "Grim Grinning Ghouls".

So, how was the party?
UD: Ah, it was such a defrightful affair, you should have been there my fiend.
Yeah, well, when I can afford to simply jet off to California on a weekend's whim I'll let you know. But seriously, how was it?
UD: Madame Bufont's staff of servants outdid themselves, the deathday cake for the mansion's and its dedsidents' 45th anniversary was superb. I believe they made it a toffeecake with whisky-soaked pecans and scaramel sauce giving the pastry a spooky sheen. After answering Madame Leotta's summonce where she received us all, we adjourned to the graveyard for a spot of black tea and a few of the ghosts regailed each other with stories of their deaths. Once we gathered for the obligatory singing of "Happy Birthday", the ballroom was ours.
And I suppose you thrilled everyone with your skills on the grand organ, taking over for Sam?
UD: Supernaturally.
Well, it's good to have you back, we'll be having a BBQ later in the afternoon with ribs and cornbread. Please spread the word to see if anyone else would be interested in joining us.
UD: Certainly.
*The phantomly dragon sets about, skulking in the hallways, greeting and giving Aunt Ru the invitation, then then attempting to locate Kathy and her roomies.

Katzi428

Reaction score
A barbecue! Sounds great! Thank you Uncle D! We'll bring some goodies to have for dessert.

Katzi428

Reaction score
grumble .....putting a wad of paper in what I think is the garbage can and missing. Robin comes in.
Robin jokingly: Mom? Can I get annoyed at YOU now that YOU have papers outside the garbage can?
I wouldn't recommend it. picking up the paper and putting it in the garbage can That's better. So anyway. How was your first day back at school?
Robin: Meh, okay I guess. Hopefully my Science teacher will remember my name is Robin. She's called me Ruben & Roger so far.
Give her time, honey. Other than the forgetful teacher ,how'd it go?
Robin: Went pretty good, actually. You have to fill out an emergency card.
Nancy's in my History class and in lunch with me Bobby's in lunch with me an' Nancy . Bobby's in English with me but not History .
Sounds great!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Finishes lugging groceries out of the Countmobile and into the kitchen area.

Phew, that's done. Got more milk, that's important. And crunchy peanut butter, it's the glue of life. Eggs and assorted veggies... Sure glad we picked up a coupla of Jull's Pizzas, just have to ask Uncle D to pop them in the oven and then top with whatever extra ingredients we have/want.

Maybe later I'll get a chance to reply to some fics I'm following. That plus I've been meaning to catch that King of Cones show.
*Flops down in couch while the ICE starts cranking out cool air.