Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Although I don't think any "new" classic clips have been added to sesamestreet.org recently, Sesame Workshop has recently added a few classic clips that aren't on sesame street.org, including a couple of first season segments: The one where Cookie Monster interrupts Kermit's lecture on feelings, and a rare segment called "Father's Song". "Father's Song" was part of a three-part segment, with the other parts being "Mother's Song" and "Children's Song". I hope that the other two get posted soon.

Erine81981

Reaction score
UGH! One of those horrible Peter Pan ersatz Sesame Street covers... this one seems to be a cover of the original song, rather than the Sesame Street version.

Sounds like the original slowed down. Check out the creepy Urrr-Knee on the cover.
To me this sounds like a slowed down version that the band called "Cake" did.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Why does he sound more like when he was Phillip Phil?
Maybe because he was worn out from a busy day of news reporting?

Probably because it's Jim ADRing it; I think Kevin's doing the puppetry.
If that's true, then I'm surprised. I would have thought it'd be a no-no to have another person perform Kermit if Jim wasn't there (meaning only if Jim was performing another character in the same scene). I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but that would be a surprise (as busy as Jim might have been).

I found a Monster on the Spot segment with Brian Meehl performing Telly (I had assumed "Monster on the Spot" began after Marty Robinson took over, but I'm obviously wrong).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Those really rare ones were up on YT for like an hour a few months ago, but by the time I clicked the video, they had been removed by the user. It's great to finally see them.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
That trailer for Save Our Street was great. So we got to hear what Mr. Meanie sounded like (when I heard that voice I thought it sounded like either Marty Robinson or Brian Meehl... Then I found that it wasn't any of the Muppet performers). Wow, in one trailer we see Snuffy standing behind Big Bird and Prairie as they dance... Since this came out in 1985 I'm surprised that Snuffy was near other characters.

Glad that some older Sesame Street episodes from the very beginning of the video recording age have shown up. Haven't watched all of any of them. But I noticed one of them was episode 1201. I saw on the Muppet Wiki page that that episode has Bert singing the song "Pigeon", which I was interested in seeing (there's no pictures from that one on the wiki)... So I went skipping through parts of it and saw that Doin' the Pigeon is included. I guess the wiki was wrong (I wonder how the program guides mentioned that segment).