Can we do something about posting for posts sake?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
RPG = role-playing game, as in "not a fanfic".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently, you don't get sarcasm. Yes, your fic was deleted because it was an RPG.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really want to be good. Really I do. I do not want to make this the "tattletale on nonsense" thread. But there are certain actions that arose in the "Arthur: Where is the Show Going" thread I need to point out.

You see, a certain member posted a random screen shot of the show with no context to ask about the network bug on said screen shot. Not germane to the conversation, not in reference to anything in the conversation. Just random without context. The same member to a thin response to another post (in the same thread) randomly posted an episode with no context when no one asked for it. Now, I made some little passive aggressive sarcastic statement, and I was called out on it. And the member kinda has a history of doing this.

I've been saying for some time that we need to establish an unwritten rule of nettiquet about making sure the conversation is first and foremost above the need to post. There's nothing more annoying than having a conversation and having a little kid run around and interrupt with "i like ice creams," and this is the internet equivalent.

Now, I'm not saying anyone should be banned or that this should be a bannable offense. Ignoring the posts isn't going to stop the problem either. We need a friendly warning system or something. No one should feel unwelcomed, but no one should feel the need to randomly post nonsense to increase their post count either. I'm sure there's a welcome solution that makes everyone happy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, we need to have the temporary ban system restored... Along with an always-available power for moderators/staff members to permanently ban a member if they display rude or spammish behavior, instead of just restricted to that member's first month of membership at the forum.

That said, Drtooth, if you're having a problem with a particular member and their posts, I suggest you contact a moderator/staff member instead of engaging in sarcastic repartee. Often, those type of replies only serve to either egg the spammer on or make the situation worse.
Hope this helps.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see what you're saying. Even if that wasn't the case, sarcasm is completely lost on that member anyway. I'm not the only member to passive aggressively mention that that member posts 3 word reposnses that don't further the conversation and the member hasn't gotten the point anyway. That said, I'll guide you to the inappropriate posts, and will just PM you any problems in the future.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/arthur-where-is-the-show-going.39530/page-38#post-1121989

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/arthur-where-is-the-show-going.39530/page-37#post-1121913

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the links Drtooth, the posts in question have been dealt with. In the future, I remind to not reply but rather report spammish-type posts.