The official ALS Ice Bucket Challenge thread

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
This is the official thread for the web challenge that has been spreading everywhere: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. It's where you dump a bucket of ice water on your head, and donate to ALS. Here is where you can post a Muppet doing it or you!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I really hope Kermit or Miss Piggy do the ice bucket challenge, I hope they eventually do it, since Cookie Monster did it. In fact I nominate them to do it.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
LOVED IT! OH MY GOD! I've viewed that three times and I can't stop giggling!

:smile::...in which by the way he referred to me as a 'pesky Amphibian' to which I reply, "OH YEAH?!!"

I've actually been following Kermit on Twitter and he kept stalling, making excuses about why he couldn't do this within 24 hours. My guess is that they had to stall until Steve could get to where ever they filmed that. I wonder if Steve allowed himself to be drenched, or if they had to cover him up?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Saw the video of Kermit and the ice bucket challenge, pretty funny stuff! :smile:

Schfifty

Reaction score
When I first saw the videos of Cookie Monster and Kermit getting iced, I wondered how the water affected their fur/skin. Maybe a hairdryer or towel would dry them off. Still very cool stuff anyway! Love Kermit's face when he gets wet. :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Antron fleece, foam, and fur dry out pretty easily. I don't know if any other substances are used in the puppets--special glue, for example--that might be affected by the water.

I'd like to do this with one of my Fraggle puppets, but after you wet ostrich feathers they don't just dry out nice and fluffy as before. I would have to re-fluff them, which would be nigh impossible with the hair on a puppet. So, no.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Antron fleece, foam, and fur dry out pretty easily. I don't know if any other substances are used in the puppets--special glue, for example--that might be affected by the water.

I'd like to do this with one of my Fraggle puppets, but after you wet ostrich feathers they don't just dry out nice and fluffy as before. I would have to re-fluff them, which would be nigh impossible with the hair on a puppet. So, no.
Dang it! I would've loved to see a Fraggle take on the Ice Bucket Challenge.