Remembering Robin Williams (July 21, 1951 - August 11, 2014)

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Got 2 see it! This night (Sat at 6:30), I saw Aladdin on DC. Yes, I noticed that Disney Channel+Junior have shorter commercial times for films, but get this--it was commercial free! :excited:Non-stop movie like a VHS tape, just like my toddler days! Good times, good times...

And oh yeah! Disney indeed made this statement after it ended: To the memory of Robin Williams who made us laugh. It's true! Somebody post that pic for me, please! As for my family, my sisters will more likely see Hook to remember the laughs and cries.

Thank you, Robin, for those good times, good times.:wink:
Surprising to say, I haven't seen much Robin movies. Do you recommend Hook? Is it a good one?

theSHE124

Reaction score
I wasn't recommending it, Fozzieman, but yeah, it is a good one for my family. I think it's one of older sister's favorites when she was little. As for my younger sisters, well, one of then was afraid of Jumanji as a kindergardener, but she's now in college, so she's no longer frightened! :smile: Robin sure had a way to keep things bright even in dramatic times.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I heard when Christopher Reeve was in the hospital after his horse riding accident, and was deciding whether or not to commit suicide that he saw Robin Williams just goofing off, and that was one of the reasons he didn't do it. I wish Robin had someone like that, sadly he didn't :frown:.

WemblinFool18

Reaction score
I am still in total utter shock. I was watching Robin Willliams' standup special just a few hours before the news broke that he died. The words 'probable suicide' really shocked me. I think I cried for about 45 minutes initially upon hearing the news. I couldn't process it, and still can't. I've been trying to let it go, at least a little, and I thought I was doing okay.
I went back to school yesterday, and my English teacher was the nicest, most passionate thing ever, like a real teacher should be. I was racking my brain trying to figure out who it was she reminded me of. Then it hit me:

John Keating.

And after class, I ran into the bathroom and I cried.
This hits me so hard because Robin was one of those people who always had such a huge impact on my life. I look back at some of my favorite childhood films: Aladdin, Jumanji, Robots, Flubber, Night at the Museum 1 and 2, and Robin was always there. He seemed like family. He was always a favorite name in my household. He inspires me in my comedic acting roles. He is one of my heroes. I still can't believe he is gone, but I am ever so grateful that he was here.

O captain, my Captain, you're free now.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
RIP, Robin. You were a good man.
Speaking of him, I was surprised to find out that Nina Needs To Go's early morning episodes on Disney got higher ratings than the finale of The Crazy Ones (the show that he was on that got cancelled). It even got higher ratings than SpongeBob!

cjd874

Reaction score
I finally took some time this week to watch Aladdin. Never realized how hilarious RW is in that film…he uses so many different voices for one single character! Remember how he keeps changing form and assuming various personalities such as stand-up comic, flight attendant, French tailor, etc.

The Genie is finally free. Makes me sad that there will never be such a complete comedic package ever again.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Here is something neat for fans of Mork and Mindy and Robin William fans. There will be a Mork and Mindy marathon on the following channel from 1pm through 8pm. It will be on August 31, 2014. Mostly, there will be season one episodes along with a few from season two and three. Here is the information. It will be a special tribute to Robin Williams, and I myself will tune in, because I have never seen the show, and I hope I like it.
http://www.locatetv.com/tv/mork-and-mindy/schedule#31-Aug-2014

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Here is something neat for fans of Mork and Mindy and Robin William fans. There will be a Mork and Mindy marathon on the following channel from 1pm through 8pm. It will be on August 31, 2014. Mostly, there will be season one episodes along with a few from season two and three. Here is the information. It will be a special tribute to Robin Williams, and I myself will tune in, because I have never seen the show, and I hope I like it.
http://www.locatetv.com/tv/mork-and-mindy/schedule#31-Aug-2014
They also did a short tribute to Robin Williams on the MTV Music Video Awards.