The official ALS Ice Bucket Challenge thread

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I'd love to see some of you folks do the challenge. I want to see how you guys would take it.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Kermit didnt nominate Piggy, guess he'd be 50 shades of black of and blue if he did. :stick_out_tongue:

Mr Snrub

Reaction score
It's a shame that they aren't making any more "Doof's Daily Dirt" web shorts anymore. I'd LOVE to see Dr. Doofenshmirtz take it, albiet Flash animated.

Or heck, just get Dan Povenmire to do it in character. Even better.
Here it is, sorta

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What I want to know is, what are the consequences for NOT having water dumped or donating to charity if you are challenged? I looked at wikipedia and a few other web pages but couldn't find out anything that happens if you do neither.

And if you get challenged after you've already been and accepted a challenge, does that mean you have to do it again?

Heck, I wonder what the consequences are to not accepting a triple dog dare are.

Last edited:

Slackbot

Reaction score
You don't have to participate if you don't want to. The charity police won't come to the door if you bah-humbug this. It's purely voluntary, and most people do it for the fun of it.

I haven't heard any procedure concerning being challenged a second (or more) time. Me, I'd just say, "Okay, done," and link to the one I already completed.

As for not accepting a triple dog dare, that's serious. You lose all your playground cred. Better to get your tongue stuck to a pole.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Matt Vogel (sans puppet) and his wife took the challenge a few days ago. Matt nominated Bill Barretta and Carmen Osbahr (don't know if they accepted). And a puppeteer friend of mine nominated Leslie Carrara-Rudolph.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So many people have posted videos of themselves getting soaked with buckets, I wonder if anybody thought about doing a video where they donate the money. Though it probably wouldn't be as funny.

I also wonder if anybody thought about doing it all wrong - either having a bucket of money dumped on them or having to donate water to charity.

Something tells me South Park will do an episode about this. I could see Cartman (or maybe one of the other characters) refusing to do either and suffering consequences for it.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
What I want to know is, what are the consequences for NOT having water dumped or donating to charity if you are challenged? I looked at wikipedia and a few other web pages but couldn't find out anything that happens if you do neither.

And if you get challenged after you've already been and accepted a challenge, does that mean you have to do it again?

Heck, I wonder what the consequences are to not accepting a triple dog dare are.
If you are nominated to do the ice bucket challenge and you do it than you can donate anything from $1 through $1,000,000. If you do not take the ice bucket challenge if you are nominated than you have to donate $100 or more. It seems quite heartless if you would not donate, I mean it is for a good cause. Also, since most of the people taking part in this are celebrities if they do not take the ice bucket challenge if they are nominated then I am pretty sure donating $100 would be the equivalence of any middle class American donating $1. Anyways, that is just of my knowledge.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So many people have posted videos of themselves getting soaked with buckets, I wonder if anybody thought about doing a video where they donate the money. Though it probably wouldn't be as funny.

I also wonder if anybody thought about doing it all wrong - either having a bucket of money dumped on them or having to donate water to charity.

Something tells me South Park will do an episode about this. I could see Cartman (or maybe one of the other characters) refusing to do either and suffering consequences for it.

I believe Charlie Sheen had a bucket of money dumped on him and donated it.

Patrick Stewart did a video of him writing a check. It's kinda humorous.