How rare is this poster?

PickerGreg

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum, long time fan of the Muppets!

I joined this forum because I was hoping someone could tell me about this poster I bought. Is it rare? Valuable? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance! Any help will be much appreciated.

Stulz

Reaction score
I would say it's pretty rare. I've been collecting for over 30 years and have never seen it. It looks huge! What are the dimensions?

Valuable - depends. I can see a rip and a few folds and creases.
Are you asking for resale purposes?

Great find, how did you come across it?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Seen one on eBay last year as part of a lot, would of bought the poster but they would only sell as a lot. It's a great pic.

Chris

PickerGreg

Reaction score
Blah. I wish I knew the value. How often do you see Miss Piggy in her underwear? If I do plan on selling it (prob not), it would be helpful to know a ballpark number. I don't want to later find out its worth $80 or more.

As far as the size, I can measure it later if you want. It's big, almost as large as a door frame. And yes, it does have one rip, but luckily it's on the bottom of the poster. If I frame it you wouldn't even notice :smile:

And I got it at AT THE VERY END of an Estate sale! No one even bought it!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It is obviously valuable here on Muppet Central Forum, I am betting you could get at least $100. Elsewhere, I doubt it, maybe a poster collector would want one, though since it is from 1981, and since I have never seen this photo in my life, I am betting it is worth something.

PickerGreg

Reaction score
Woah, really? Do you have any advice on who I could ask for a definite price? Could it be worth over $250? 400?! :big_grin:

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Realistically, you can ask what you want for it. I see these doorposters in mint condition on ebay for 100 bucks. Problem is they are there for a very long time. If you want big bucks for it, you can't just put it on ebay because there you won't get it. You must sell it at a muppet convention or on this website. And if you must consider that you maybe even won't sell it fast. Because this poster isn't even in mint condition (and condition is everything in the selling world), I probably would sell it for 30-50 dollar. And I wouldn't want to buy it because of the giant rip at the bottom and scratches all over the poster. But you have luck, because the photo is rare. I have seen it sell in normal poster size for 15 bucks. This one is bigger so I think it's worth 30-50 bucks. But maybe there's a die-hard fan who wants to pay 100 dollar for it. Some-one who wants a Piggy poster and doesn't have one, can get it for 10 dollar from ebay. So you must find a fan who wants this photo. Good luck at selling :wink:

PickerGreg

Reaction score
Sadly, that is probably the most realistic answer.... :stick_out_tongue:

I'll probably just keep it in my collection, maybe in 50 years it will be easier to sell :big_grin:

And do Muppet Conventions even exist? haha?

Anyway, thanks everybody! Very helpful

Last edited:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Niiiiice Poster!! Realistically, it would sell for between $1 and $1000. I'm not trying to be flippant but there isn't really a price guide as such on Muppet products. From experience, I've paid £15 for a poster and seen one go for £80. On the flip side I've paid £100 for something I've seen go at £10. Theres a large degree of luck with selling this stuff I'm afraid

Muppet Master

Reaction score