Favorite TMS Recurring Sketch

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Out of the many TMS sketches that were on the show which one stands out as your all time favorite? There are tons to pick.Mine has to be Bear on Patrol because of the hilarious buddy cop scenarios. From the ever popular likes of Veterinarian's Hospital and Pigs in Space to the lesser know likes of Muppet Melodramas and Talking Houses, which one is the best?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
There are a lot of recurring sketches that I enjoy from TMS, but if I were to choose just one, it would have to without a doubt be Vet's Hospital, because of how great of a job Rowlf does as Doctor Bob- you always can't help but crack up at everything he says!

Eyeball

Reaction score
Pigs in space! Love the overall concept of the sketch and how many nod ons and jokes it makes out of other sci-fi's.

BeakerJanice

Reaction score
I have Many for Example I like vet's Hospital or At the dance.But my all Time favourite has to be Muppet-Labs :confused: :eek: I laughed the whole Time and I just love Bunsen and Beaker!I am also a Science Fan :smile:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Definitely Pigs in Space - I think it was super clever and relevant for the times. Science fiction was super popular then - Star Trek, Star Wars, etc. This gave the show tons of room to parody and throw nods to what their fans were probably very familiar with. The characters were also fantastic.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I do like Vet's Hospital, and Pigs in Space, but my favorite has to be Muppet Newsflash!

my favorite Muppet newsflash:

:news:: And now, a MUPPET NEWSFLASH!!!!! The space ship "Swinetrek" is about to make a soft landing on a distant planet! (throws the paper) and in other planetary news, Venus is about to make a hard landing on the Muppet News Room! That doesn't make sense!!!! (c c c r r r e e e a a a k k k) CRUNCH!!!!!!

Mr Sweetums

Reaction score
I was about to say Pigs in Space was my favourite but the more I think about it the more I remember laughing hysterically as a child at all the jokes on Vets Hospital. I still find it funny but as a child Vets Hospital was the funniest thing in the world for me.:sympathy::mad::flirt:

cjd874

Reaction score
Why has no one mentioned the Swedish Chef yet? Nothing against Vet's Hospital, Pigs in Space, Bear on Patrol, & Muppets Labs which are all hilarious in their own way, but the Swedish Chef sketches are basically lessons in comedic delivery and timing…and no one even understands what the guy is saying! Jim and Frank were able to make people laugh with just the Chef's pantomime-esque actions and his garbled mock Swedish. The first Muppet sketch I ever laughed at as a kid: Chicken in the Basket. Took me a while longer to warm up to the others, but hey…to each his own.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
The Swedish Chef & The Muppet Newsman are awesome, so they have a tie for most favorite sketch on TMS. As for honorable mention, Pigs In Space, and Muppet Labs. And as for opening? Fozzie's bad typing on the Harry Belafonte episode.